Whats the dining like in ur neighborhood?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Whats the dining like in ur neighborhood?

Post by Jcml19 »

Tonight's plan is a homemade burger.. spent 8 bucks total on 8 oz sirloin and 12 oz loin...

Plenty of options near rus market so im gonna indulge ... Spent a year in the sticks with no good options or at exhausted options... Freakin $10 bucks for 1 kg or random cut beef..

City life is the way to go!!!!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Bongmab69 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:35 pm Food conosseurs here ??
Ofcours, the US and UK are very known for there excellent "cuisine" !!

Strange Doc, all the places you mention, i go also, but i never saw you.
Useally i see you drinking the same as i do . . .
Maybe I saw you first! :D

Anyway, I'm back in London now so have quality suppliers all in one place, it's 20-25c everywhere with no air conditioning in sight and my sinuses have cleared up completely. 5 miles walks are a pleasure, pubs are busy and my tomato plants are coming on nicely.

Glad to out of the sauna for a few months...
DavidFieldman
Expatriate
Canada

Post by DavidFieldman »

Doc67 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:21 am I have:
Lonestar - Ferme du Bassac - Buchon - La Deli Bistro - La Pepe Bistro- Indian - Ethiopian - Italian (Romanos!) - Lebanese - and David's Noodle place. From $5 to $15. All within 5 mins WALK. No bike required.

If I want to get a taxi for 5mins, I can eat better than anywhere in the world for the price, convenience and choice.

Even better than Thailand...
Am just getting used to PP having arrived one month ago. Thanks for the recommendations.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Lots of nice options where I live in USA, living a town over from a large Asian community impacts the choices in a positive way. I live near a highly rated Chinese restaurant and have some great specialty pizza nearby. We like a Thai place that’s owned and operated by two Thai siblings. Sometimes the price tag is a bit much, paid $250+ for Mexican for 4 adults this weekend, the beers, Margaritas and Oysters did us in.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic