Airline Awards 2023 - Who's up? Who's down ?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Airline Awards 2023 - Who's up? Who's down ?

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Air New Zealand ranked the best airline in the world; Singapore tops best first-class
* A study cited the airline’s new Skynest economy beds and its safety record as two reasons for the top ranking
*Qatar Airways took the lead for business class and Singapore Airlines was ranked the best first-class airline

Published: 5:04pm, 3 Jun, 2023

Air New Zealand has been ranked the best airline in the world by AirlineRatings.com, a website for airline safety and product reviews.

The airline beat Qatar Airways, which held the title in 2021 and 2022, to secure the top spot. The website cited Air New Zealand’s new Skynest economy beds and the airline’s safety record as two reasons for the top ranking.

Air New Zealand was ranked first for best economy class; Qatar Airways took the lead for business class; and Singapore Airlines was ranked the best first-class airline.
Among US airlines, Delta ranked highest, coming in at 15th place. The rating website named the best low-cost airline as Southwest in the US and Ryanair in Europe.
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/australa ... irst-class

Other 2023 ratings from the AirlineRating website:
- Qatar Airways has won Best Business Class for its QSuite, Best Catering for its amazing in-flight food service and Best Airline In The Middle East.
Qatar Airways is no stranger to the winner’s circle having picked up many awards for its service and cabin seating over the past ten years.
Not only did AirlineRatings.com award Qatar Airways as its “Airline of the Year” for 2022 & 2021 but Qatar Airways was named “Airline of the Year” by the international air transport rating organisation, Skytrax, for an unprecedented seventh time.
Qatar Airways also took home three additional awards from Skytrax last year including World’s Best Business Class, World’s Best Business Class Lounge Dining, and Best Airline in the Middle East.
Qatar Airways has been named Airline of the Year in 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021 and 2022.

- The AirAsia Group* including AirAsia X has been awarded the Top LCC in Asia by AirlineRatings.com in its annual Airline Excellence Awards.

- AirlineRatings.com has named VietJet as its Best Ultra Low-Cost Airline and Best Low-Cost Airline Onboard Hospitality for 2023 recognizing its low fares, innovation and its great value in-flight offering.

- Virgin Australia is a big winner in the 2023 AirlineRatings.com Excellence Awards taking out the highly coveted Best Cabin Crew for the fifth year in a row and being named in the global Top Twenty Five at number seven.
https://www.airlineratings.com/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Airline Awards 2023 - Who's up? Who's down ?

Post by truffledog »

I did not know there was an ULTRA-LOW Cost Airlines. Is that an aircraft with no seats, no windows and no toilets?
work is for people who cant find truffles
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

truffledog wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:03 pm I did not know there was an ULTRA-LOW Cost Airlines. Is that an aircraft with no seats, no windows and no toilets?
They seem to take up a lot of space where other seats could be. I can't figure out if they are in addition to an economy seat or you have to lay flat the entire 17 hours from Auckland to NYC.

kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:32 pm
truffledog wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:03 pm I did not know there was an ULTRA-LOW Cost Airlines. Is that an aircraft with no seats, no windows and no toilets?
They seem to take up a lot of space where other seats could be. I can't figure out if they are in addition to an economy seat or you have to lay flat the entire 17 hours from Auckland to NYC.

You can book them for 4hr slots on long haul flights - say Auckland to New York
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:32 pm

I read somewhere they rent th m out in 4-5 hour slots, at a fee. About 100$ per hour.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Reiser was right 60 years ago ! (It's a French cartoonist from the early Charlie Hebdo / Hara Kiri era, early 60's to 70's)

Here translated in English, in bigger size.
https://www.gdargaud.net/Humor/ReiserAirports.html

Last edited by Ghostwriter on Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I really must introduce my proposal for air transport-Pax, for this century, and should have been last, also…
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The Skytrax World Airline Awards 2023
Singapore Airlines named World’s Best Airline at 2023 World Airline Awards
Posted on 20th June 2023 in 2023 World Airline Awards, Paris Air Show 2023, World's Best Airline 2023

Singapore Airlines has been voted the World’s Best Airline at the 2023 World Airline Awards, the fifth time that the airline has scooped the Airline of the Year title in the 23 year history of the awards.

The 2023 World Airline Awards have been announced in a gala ceremony held in the iconic Air and Space Museum at the Paris Air Show. More than 350 guests attended the event from airlines across the world, with a large number of airline CEO’s, Presidents and Senior Management present to accept their awards. As has become customary at the World Airline Awards, there were a lot of uniformed airline cabin crew showing off the airline corporate brands.

Widely regarded as ‘the Oscars of the aviation industry’, the World Airline Awards began in 1999, and remain totally independent and impartial with all of the customer survey costs and awards event paid by the organisers, Skytrax.

The seven times winner of the prestigious Airline of the Year award, Qatar Airways, was ranked No 2 in the world for 2023, with ANA All Nippon Airways in third place, Emirates fourth, and Japan Airlines in fifth position, out of more than 325 airlines included in the survey results.
https://www.worldairlineawards.com/sing ... ne-awards/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:32 pm
Reiser was right 60 years ago ! (It's a French cartoonist from the early Charlie Hebdo / Hara Kiri era, early 60's to 70's)

Here translated in English, in bigger size.
https://www.gdargaud.net/Humor/ReiserAirports.html

Oooh my god, Hara Kiri, didnt hear from them for decades, but he was good, and ahaed of time, hahaha
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic