Monthly rental guesthouse/apartment Kampot?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Monthly rental guesthouse/apartment Kampot?

Post by SlowJoe »

Hi all,

**Already in town, been here for 6 months, lease is up and can't renew**

I know there's the Kampot noticeboards and such but I don't have Facebook so I can't check.

I need a place to rent on a month to month basis, can be really small with no furnishings no problem. Just need it to be relatively quiet (for Cambodia).

I've been riding around looking already but to save time, wondering if someone here has any suggestions or know of a place that does month to month rentals. Hoping to be under $150 a month, but price flexible depending on location and condition. Quiet is most important to me, meaning not next to karaoke bars!!!

Cheers,
Joe
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Monthly rental guesthouse/apartment Kampot?

Post by CaptainCanuck »

2 Moons Resort has big air con rooms with balcony for $210 I believe.
There is a pool, ping pong table, an on-site bar/restaurant and plenty of expats to socialize with if you have a mind.

A 10 minute riverside walk to the old market and it's never been noisy when I've been visiting friends.

Go south on river road past the dolphin roundabout .... Shortly on your left you'll see a 3 story white building with CLUB written in blue I think on the exterior wall.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

^^Seems alright, I've been there before, might check it out again.

Was under construction though last time I checked so was really noisy and I don't know if that's changed.

This Canuck here doesn't mind that much as long as the construction stops in the evening so might still be worth a shot.

EDIT: Yeah, I decided to pull the trigger already. Can't find anything even remotely similar for a monthly rental.

Price for a ground floor room with no balcony $205 a month, $50 deposit.

Cheers,
Joe
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

I forgot about that new construction starting ... Sorry,

If it's too much , install Facebook, if only to join the Kampot pages, there are lots of rentals in all price ranges, the good ones don't last long.

I got a private house on a 25m x 30m lot, all of it garden, tucked in behind a Guesthouse ... So no street noise .... Only $150 a month.

I was born in Montreal but spent most of my adult years in Ontario & the Alberta Oil Sands. You ?
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:54 am 2 Moons Resort has big air con rooms with balcony for $210 I believe.
There is a pool, ping pong table, an on-site bar/restaurant and plenty of expats to socialize with if you have a mind.

A 10 minute riverside walk to the old market and it's never been noisy when I've been visiting friends.

Go south on river road past the dolphin roundabout .... Shortly on your left you'll see a 3 story white building with CLUB written in blue I think on the exterior wall.
That Club has been painted over.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:43 pm
I was born in Montreal but spent most of my adult years in Ontario & the Alberta Oil Sands. You ?
Family's from BC but for me it's all Ontario "Old Toronto" (never lived in any other province)...rest of the time Asia.

I may actually have to hit you up for your place because for some reason the whole deal is going flaky. I went twice, toured the premise, told them I wanted it, but now I'm having trouble securing it as if it's just not working. No idea why.

Where's your place and have any more details? (You can PM me)
Rydo
Tourist

Post by Rydo »

I'm about to invest in a Khmer owned resort. It's out near Bohemiaz, and it has everything you asked for. It's quiet, no karaoke, no dogs, no chickens. The bungalows are really lush, AC, a pool. The price is $300 a month per bungalow, but for that you're getting everything, all inclusive. You also don't need to pay a deposit, it's on a monthly basis, and if you want to come check it out, we could possibly even sort you out a deal, for less than $300 per month, as it's pretty empty right now.

+855 92702733

Send me a message on telegram if you're interested.
Paddy fish
Tourist
Australia

Post by Paddy fish »

Hello where is that located $300 a month All up
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

There's plenty of cheap accommodation about.

Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

The problem with cheap accommodation is the kids are always hogging the bath tub

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic