Borey Tycoon Leng Navatra Assures He did Not Cheat People

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Borey Tycoon Leng Navatra Assures He did Not Cheat People

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): Some home buyers and investors in Leng Navartra's "Borey Project 6A" housing plan in Phnom Penh were worried about their investment after reading some (false) comments on social media. Fortunately the doubts have now been dispelled by the explanations of Oknha (or Duke) Leng Navatra, and the customers are now happy and confident in the future of his project.
On the morning of 29 May, 2023, in a friendly three-hour meeting with more than 100 customers, Duke Leng Navatra, General Director of Borey Leng Nava Tra welcomed and thanked all the customers who have invested and trusted in the Borey Leng Navatra's 6A house construction project.
There have been some complaints by customers that the borey tycoon was slow in completing pre-sold housing, and there were some (false) rumors on social media that this was because of financial difficulties.
So, yesterday, in front of more than 100 customers, Duke Leng Navatra assured everyone that his company, and especially the Duke himself, did not cheat or run away from the project or abandon its responsibilities.
He did acknowledge that, although so far thousands of flats have been completed in some blocks, in other blocks the construction is behind schedule, but this is because there are so many customers.
All customers were very happy and relieved when they heard the Duke's clear explanation of the reasons for the delays, instead of paying attention to false information on social media. Leng Navatra urged all his customers not to believe the propaganda or incitement of some unscrupulous people on social media that may lead to the company losing the confidence of the public, because when the company collapses, the house construction project will collapse as well, and then everybody loses.

Instead, the company Borey Leng Nava Tra will continue to build homes for its customers, as well as compensate for any customer losses, with the request for understanding from the customers, so that the company can have time to complete the project and restore the situation. Oknha Leng Navatra did agree to help speed up the construction and adjust some contract conditions.
This will result in a win-win solution.
https://www.compass.com.kh/development- ... 1665-1664/
The Duke said that he welcomes all his customers as part of the great family of the Borey Leng Navatra company to meet and discuss directly with him if there are any unusual problems. After this important meeting, Duke Leng Navatra and his customers had lunch together in a friendly atmosphere with trust and confidence. Bon appetit !
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Borey Tycoon Leng Navatra Assures He did Not Cheat People

Post by Bubble T »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:05 pmthat may lead to the company losing the confidence of the public, because when the company collapses, the house construction project will collapse as well, and then everybody loses.
I'm confused. If he already has the money to complete the project then why would anyone lose as a result of lack of faith in the company? Surely the company can just build the units, restore faith, and then everything is fine again? Public confidence is only a problem if he still needs further funding to finish it, no?

*disclaimer* I know nothing about the company or the story, nor do I care much. I'm merely asking questions, not making any assertions.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

I have heard of many of these projects going under and people losing all their investment. I have seen some and I have thought they would be a good idea, but not being from the area and knowing how to research the reputation of the developer, I have kept my money.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Those are about the cheapest units there are. There are some reputable enough boreys like Penn Huoth etc but what I find amazing is how you can drive into the countryside, 40+ km out of town and down a mud road for a few km, then there are these vast developments, with hundreds of units completed and thousands more to go, more often than not semi-abandoned with tumbleweed atmospheres. Many boreys offered "fantastic" deals with barely any deposit, but once the reality of the extortionate interest set in thousands of the "buyers" just upped and left.

Or so I've heard. This is just someone else's opinion. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I would be worried for sure if my house would be one and a half years late already.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Bubble T wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:48 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:05 pmthat may lead to the company losing the confidence of the public, because when the company collapses, the house construction project will collapse as well, and then everybody loses.
I'm confused. If he already has the money to complete the project then why would anyone lose as a result of lack of faith in the company? Surely the company can just build the units, restore faith, and then everything is fine again? Public confidence is only a problem if he still needs further funding to finish it, no?

*disclaimer* I know nothing about the company or the story, nor do I care much. I'm merely asking questions, not making any assertions.
The whole thing reads more like a badly written press release than a news story.

I spotted that line about the conflation of a loss of confidence in the company will lead to a collapse of the company. This is the hallmark of a Ponzi scheme. A "con" is just an abbreviation of "confidence".

I think the property bubble has well and truly burst and there are a lot of people holding property with entirely fantasy valuations, especially naff condos and land in places like Kampot.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic