Child registration process with the Sangkat

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Phnom Krom
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Child registration process with the Sangkat

Post by Phnom Krom »

Agree with the spelling and Kiwi and others. After all the Khmer stuff is done, I would expect a DNA test required by your UK? embassy as well before a passport would be issued. No biggie but just fyi.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kammekor wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:15 pm If the mother goes there just by herself the odds are she will come back with a Khmer names only birth certificate.
Or your kid will end up named Jhon Smtih or something. I had to send my kid's birth cert back to the sangkat because they put the names in the wrong order.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:29 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:15 pm If the mother goes there just by herself the odds are she will come back with a Khmer names only birth certificate.
Or your kid will end up named Jhon Smtih or something. I had to send my kid's birth cert back to the sangkat because they put the names in the wrong order.
Yes, I learned this the hard way too....
They totally forget the Latin part.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

John Bingham wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:29 pm
They missspeellleddd “ merle “ on mine ( Yes , I took a picture of it then sent it back )
My police buddy sent it without checking , I noticed it instantly and sent it right back the same hour I got it .
It was a 2 week delay to get it back but no problems
It wasn’t needed urgently and it all right now but still not gone to do the passport yet
Was waiting until after his 6 th birthday which came this month ( passport is valid longer after 6 years old )
Now just hanging loose for an auspicious day ..
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

Post deleted.
Asking stupid questions that have already had the answers given
Last edited by DeparRudeAnts on Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sumfin smart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic