Police Officer's Wife Uses Gun on Herself

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Police Officer's Wife Uses Gun on Herself

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News,(Phnom Penh): Long Channy, 40, a housewife, shot herself in the head during a mental crisis on the morning of May 29, 2023, on the concrete road in Kraing Dauntei village, Sangkat Choam Chao II, Khan Por Sen Chey. The woman's husband is a police officer with the Ministry of Interior, and according to the neighbors, in the past, the woman was jealous and would make scenes, accusing her husband of having a girlfriend.

This morning, when the husband woke up and went out for a while, he saw that the police pistol that he had left inside his car had disappeared. Tragically, his wife used the gun to shoot herself before he returned home.
The couple had three teenage children. RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Police Officer's Wife Uses Gun on Herself

Post by Darkcel »

Aren't they supposed to return the weapons their respective stations at the end of shift?
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Darkcel wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:23 pm Aren't they supposed to return the weapons their respective stations at the end of shift?
I don't know if they're supposed to return their gun at the end of the shift but I bet they're not supposed to leave it sitting in their car overnight. Pretty sure I've read stories of drunk, off-duty cops shooting people in restaurants so if there is that 'return at end of shift' rule it doesn't seem to be very well enforced.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Darkcel wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:23 pm Aren't they supposed to return the weapons their respective stations at the end of shift?
Lower ranking officers are supposed to. In practice who knows?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Given the number of Occifer involved negligent drunken discharges reported in the media since I’ve been about, my guess is they use them to accessorize their evening attire.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic