AI and machine learning - in any form

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: AI and machine learning - in any form

Post by Bubble T »

I've been working on a small AI side project of my own over the past month.

It started with me taking all the documentation I could find for MidJourney (AI art) prompt writing and technical specs and feeding it bit by bit to GPT4 (language model). I also gave GPT4 some examples of prompts I'd made that had worked well and explained why I thought they worked well. I then got it to start making its own prompts, each time running them and giving it feedback on the result so it could refine its abilities.

After several days of this, it had developed its own consistent style and produced lots of great work, albeit at a low resolution due to MidJourney limitations.

I then used other AI tools to upscale and sharpen the images, and used a combination of Photoshop and Lightroom to turn them into a consistent looking, printable collection of art. I formatted the art for a book and got GPT4 to write some poems about the art it made, along with some philosophical musings about the future of humanity and AI so it wouldn't just be a wall of pictures.

I'm now in the process of implementing marketing and logistics stuff (all following instructions from GPT4), setting up a website so people can buy canvas prints of the art from the book, and awaiting the third (and hopefully final) proof for approval. If all goes to plan, it will be available within the next couple of weeks on Amazon (internationally), Barns and Noble (online only) and The Great British Book Store. For now here's a sneek peak (the cover will change slightly for the final version, along with a couple of minor bits and bobs).

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Roger Dean can pass away now.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

i visited a AI site mentioned here the other day this stuff all new to me but it came up with these 2 images, others I tried were awful, a 1960's E type Jag in PP and a 1970s MGB in Phnom Penh as well (stable diffusion online was the site)

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

DraGAN looks powerful - have you tried it BubbleT?

https://indianexpress.com/article/techn ... s-8620190/

Video
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Looks amazing BUT
DragGAN AI photo editor is still under development and has no release date for now. But, on Github, it is said that June 2023 may be the release date.

https://dataconomy.com/2023/05/22/what- ... or-how-to/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Adobe ( who bring you photoshop)
will alert you if its an AI generated image

A good step in controlling "fake" photos"
The good news is that Adobe, the company that makes Photoshop, has considered the dangers and has been working on a plan to address the widespread dissemination of digitally manipulated pics. The company has created what it describes as a “nutrition label” that can be embedded in image files to document how a picture was altered, including if it has elements generated by artificial intelligence.

The plan, called the Content Authenticity Initiative, is meant to bolster the credibility of digital media. It won’t alert you to every image that’s fake but instead can help a creator or publisher prove that a certain image is true. In the future, you might see a snapshot of a car accident or terrorist attack or natural disaster on Twitter and dismiss it as fake unless it carries a content credential saying how it was created and edited.
“Being able to prove what’s true is going to be essential for governments, for news agencies and for regular people,” Dana Rao, Adobe’s general counsel and chief trust officer, told me. “And if you get some important information that doesn’t have a content credential associated with it — when this becomes popularized — then you should have that skepticism: This person decided not to prove their work, so I should be skeptical.”
full story
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/23/opin ... ticleShare
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

The CEO of OpenAI says the technology has the potential to go wrong and if it goes wrong it could go very wrong … but they want to work with the government, he says.

Is this code for, you better be with us (USA government)?

Also, this is ignoring the very large elephants in the room - the individuals and leaders who will use the technology for their gain - no matter what
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I follow this guy:
some amazing uses in Photoshop

its a new world
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

amazing:

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Maybe someone can get this shareable outside of Instagram and LinkedIn

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/gro3a_an ... member_ios
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic