Crying man on loudspeaker outside my hotel!?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Crying man on loudspeaker outside my hotel!?

Post by BklynBoy »

dogz8827 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:46 am
BklynBoy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:50 am
dogz8827 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:01 am So we've had multiple confirmed accounts of acoustic harassment against foreigners in this country?

I'm just trying to figure out what it means!

Maybe I pissed off someone with connections to the Military or the Police?

Maybe I'll never know.
This dude sounds like the teacher guy rambling on about the govt and having no money.
We have multiple accounts of people who claim to have experienced this, and you still don't believe it?

What would be enough to make you believe?

Next time it happens, someone on here should record it on their phone and upload it as proof.
https://markmanson.net/dunning-kruger-effect
The unknown unknowns are where the Dunning-Kruger effect comes into play in the worst way. It’s our tendency to overestimate our own knowledge/skills/competence and underestimate our own ignorance.

You can’t reason with a conspiracy theorist precisely because they didn’t form their beliefs with reason. Had they the ability to change their beliefs based on reason and evidence, they wouldn’t have believed in wild conspiracy theories in the first place. In fact, they think they’re the only ones being reasonable to begin with.

dude nobody is looking to "get you" or '"acoustically harass you". That only happens in Cuba. I think that's just the noise inside your own head. I am positive other members on this forum have another name for it.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
dogz8827
Tourist

Post by dogz8827 »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:37 am
dogz8827 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:46 am
BklynBoy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:50 am
dogz8827 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:01 am So we've had multiple confirmed accounts of acoustic harassment against foreigners in this country?

I'm just trying to figure out what it means!

Maybe I pissed off someone with connections to the Military or the Police?

Maybe I'll never know.
This dude sounds like the teacher guy rambling on about the govt and having no money.
We have multiple accounts of people who claim to have experienced this, and you still don't believe it?

What would be enough to make you believe?

Next time it happens, someone on here should record it on their phone and upload it as proof.
https://markmanson.net/dunning-kruger-effect
The unknown unknowns are where the Dunning-Kruger effect comes into play in the worst way. It’s our tendency to overestimate our own knowledge/skills/competence and underestimate our own ignorance.

You can’t reason with a conspiracy theorist precisely because they didn’t form their beliefs with reason. Had they the ability to change their beliefs based on reason and evidence, they wouldn’t have believed in wild conspiracy theories in the first place. In fact, they think they’re the only ones being reasonable to begin with.

dude nobody is looking to "get you" or '"acoustically harass you". That only happens in Cuba. I think that's just the noise inside your own head. I am positive other members on this forum have another name for it.
My friend who works for the American Embassy said they sometimes play the sound of repeated high pitched whistling instead. They call it "The Whistler."

Check it out:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:37 am
I am positive other members on this forum have another name for it.
Paranoia?

Alternatively

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic