Smart Mobile is Dumb

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ali baba
Expatriate

Smart Mobile is Dumb

Post by ali baba »

I made the mistake of buying a music game from Playstation that can only be played if you buy a fake guitar and drums. After wasting time on their website that pretends to accept refund requests whilst giving me the run around I resigned myself to calling them. I tried putting credit on skype but there's no continue button on the final page of the payment process so I try to use my phone. Smart's website claims I can make international calls from 3cents/ minute if I pay 1cent/ day on a subscription that can be cancelled anytime. So i type in the code and it is invalid. I try to find the price without the subscription and it is a secret. I call anyway and hope I can finish up before running out of credit and a pre-recorded voice tells me they're busy and to call back later.

I had to stay up til 11pm in order to call them at 9am and they're already too busy.

/rant
Scarier than malaria.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Smart Mobile is Dumb

Post by cautious colin »

ali baba wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:29 pm I made the mistake of buying a music game from Playstation that can only be played if you buy a fake guitar and drums. After wasting time on their website that pretends to accept refund requests whilst giving me the run around I resigned myself to calling them. I tried putting credit on skype but there's no continue button on the final page of the payment process so I try to use my phone. Smart's website claims I can make international calls from 3cents/ minute if I pay 1cent/ day on a subscription that can be cancelled anytime. So i type in the code and it is invalid. I try to find the price without the subscription and it is a secret. I call anyway and hope I can finish up before running out of credit and a pre-recorded voice tells me they're busy and to call back later.

I had to stay up til 11pm in order to call them at 9am and they're already too busy.

/rant
Smart works on my phone. I think its quite a good deal. Try through the SmartNas app

But if not, just get a Skype subscription for about $5 a month. you may even get 1 month free trial if you've not had before
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Smart are terrible. I tried paying for Skype with smartpay and they kept deducted internet til I ran too low to pay.
Never again.
Cellcard for internet. Maybe metfone or cellcard for calls
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

On the subject of mobile providers, can someone provide me the codes for the plans for Metfone? I entered what apparently should be the code for the one week, $1 plan, which should provide on network calls, SMS and some internet.

Then I get an SMS saying to wait for the SMS. But I never got it. It never came. Can anyone help?
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

OK, it turns out that it had actually started the plan for me but never sent an SMS. Problem solved!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic