Thai Women Tourists Fight Tutktuk Driver Over 2000 Riel

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Thai Women Tourists Fight Tutktuk Driver Over 2000 Riel

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): According to the report, two Thai women who took a tuktuk 60 meters to their hotel, ended up arguing with the driver due to a lack of 2,000 Riel (US 50cents), at 10:35 pm, May 21, 2023, along Street 63, corner of Mao Tse Tung Street, in Tonle Bassac.

According to the driver, he transported the two women about 60 meters around the block to their hotel and asked them for 10,000 riel ($2.50) as payment. They gave him 8000 riel, and when he asked them for the rest of the fare, the women said that they only had 8000 riel in change and otherwise they only had 100 dollar bills. The driver said that he did not have change for 100 dollars, so the women insulted him, left him with the 8000 riel, and began to walk away. He chased after the women, and when he took out his phone to take their pictures, one of the women hit the phone out of his hands so it fell and broke on the pavement. Then the argument betweeen the driver and his passengers became very heated.

The Tonle Bassac administrative police then arrived on the scene to negotiate an agreement. At first the driver asked the Thai women to pay him $200 for his broken phone, and they refused to pay him anything. However, in the end with some pressure from police to end the affair, the man agreed to take $20 as compensation, which the women handed over to him, laughing and saying "Welcome to Cambodia".
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Thai Women Tourists Fight Tutktuk Driver Over 2000 Riel

Post by Jerry Atrick »

A greedy cunt of a tuk tuk driver who wanted 10000r to move 60 meters and a clinically obese pair of cunts from Thailand...

Well met
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

10000r for 60m? How is it not mentioned that the tuk tuk driver is the type of scammer that gives other drivers a bad reputation?

Fuck him I have zero sympathy, they even tried to pay his made up prices and he still follows them around for 2000r.

He only did that cause they were women and he though he could scare them to pay more.

Lame.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Probably he has family tuktuk guys in Patong . . .
Hallelujaah PASS-app !!
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Bongmab69 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:46 pm Probably he has family tuktuk guys in Patong . . .
Hallelujaah PASS-app !!
I'm confused :? I thought Bongmab69 was a sock puppet for Kung-fu H.
Too hard to follow, had a few wines & was stoned.
Did anybody else follow what was going on before posts were deleted and the thread was locked?

Re: Those Living Cheaply Under a Grand
Post by Bongmab69 » Wed May 17, 2023 2:20 pm

OOhhh my preaahh, you changed all your social media accounts ??
Whats social media ??

Live can be so pretty without social media, i love my yellow nokia 3310 haallleeluujaahhh
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

The most disturbing part is how fat those Thai tourists are. Far from rare nowadays, unfortunately.

Maybe the driver charged them by the pound, which is the only justification for a 10,000 riel fare for 60 meters I can see.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic