(FALSE) ALERT: Woman Abducted by Men in a Car

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

(FALSE) ALERT: Woman Abducted by Men in a Car

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Poipet area: Have you seen this woman ?
Cambodia News, (Banteay Meanchey Province): A man has reported to police that his 20-year-old niece, who is a roadside seller next to the Kral Bridge in Mongkul Borei district, was pushed into a car by unidentified persons on May 19, 2023.

The uncle, 41-year-old Chob Sothea, called the police to say that his niece, Sinan, 20, went to the bridge everyday where she would sell to people passing in their cars. The lastest information is that two strange men in a silver Highlander car, with 11 license plates, pushed the woman forcibly into the car and she was struggling; it appears that she was taken against her will.

The woman has a husband and a baby son living in Po Reang village, and all her family are very concerned for her safety. They have already filed a complaint with the Banteay Meanchey Provincial Police.

It is possible that the car was heading in the direction of Poipet city. If you have any information at all, phone # 0884374747, 069731555, 085910002.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: POLICE ALERT: Woman Abducted by Men in a Car

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: FALSE ALARM
Cambodia News, (Banteay Meanchey): After questioning the family and investigating the case of a young woman cake-seller who was reportedly abducted by a car of strange men, Banteay Meanchey police forces say that the social media post (below) was incorrect.
A Facebook account named Maly kubota posted a message on 19.05.2023 at 14:30 saying, “A group of boys in a luxury car stopped Highlander along National Road 5 to Poipet and my niece was forced into the car. Please help the police to arrest and intervene. ”
It has now been confirmed that the woman got into the car and drove off with her boyfriend of her own free will. She and her lover have presented themselves to the local authorities in order to quash the social media rumors of a kidnapping.

Meanwhile, the leadership of the Banteay Meanchey Provincial Police have issued a warning that they will take legal action against those persons who fabricate stories on social media that can lead to insecurity and social unrest.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: (FALSE) ALERT: Woman Abducted by Men in a Car

Post by Darkcel »

So she ran away from her husband and baby? Damn, imagine the entire country hearing about how much of a hoe you are.
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

That's probably a beautiful thigh tattoo.
And the hands of a brick layer aren't suitable for motherhood anyways
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Darkcel wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:21 pm So she ran away from her husband and baby? Damn, imagine the entire country hearing about how much of a hoe you are.
Or how much of a bastard your husband is that you can't bear to stay around him.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:39 am
Darkcel wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:21 pm So she ran away from her husband and baby? Damn, imagine the entire country hearing about how much of a hoe you are.
Or how much of a bastard your husband is that you can't bear to stay around him.
Yes Darkcel, it always pays to turn the page and read the story on the other side before you make personal attacks on someone.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Didn’t a female poster on here once post about a wild ride she took where she was terrified and thought she was being abducted or something. Maybe I read it somewhere else.
Stay classy na
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

David Gordon wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:55 am Didn’t a female poster on here once post about a wild ride she took where she was terrified and thought she was being abducted or something. Maybe I read it somewhere else.
Yeah that was @violet on a shared taxi or something. I would say there was little substance to it as well, or maybe too much of the wrong substance, who knows!
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Oh I would like to read that again. In retrospect @violet what is the post mortem on that event?
Stay classy na
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Alex wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:34 am
David Gordon wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:55 am Didn’t a female poster on here once post about a wild ride she took where she was terrified and thought she was being abducted or something. Maybe I read it somewhere else.
Yeah that was @violet on a shared taxi or something. I would say there was little substance to it as well, or maybe too much of the wrong substance, who knows!
David Gordon wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:48 am Oh I would like to read that again. In retrospect @violet what is the post mortem on that event?
No substances. I’m not that kind of gal.

With the distance of time I can accept that maybe my mind did a weird flip. Shame I lost family items as a result. It was more that I felt I had no choice but to hand over personal items.

I doubt I posted about it on here- it would have been on Khmer440.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic