New Zealand Man Shot in Kampot, Allegedly Over Bad Debt

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: New Zealand Man Shot in Kampot, Allegedly Over Bad Debt

Post by rozzieoz »

Doc67 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:13 am A flightless bird in an apartment with 6 cats might be fun...
I'm not getting any sleep anyway with the stupid construction going 24 hours, so why the heck not lol
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

violet wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:56 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:01 am
violet wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:18 pm
jaynewcastle wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:51 am Hitmen in flip flops :)
de rigueur for hitmen in New Zealand
Get your facts right before a snarky comment backfires. No such thing as flip flops in NZ. What is that? Onomatopoeic.
"What's that?"
"It said flip flop"
"Oh yeah. How come you only got one? Lose one?"
"Nah, found one"

Assuming you mean jandals, eh.
Snarky comment? Nope. Check your facts. Some of us with kiwi connections are mature enough to recognise a clothing item by any name and not get stuck in the detail
How about thongs?

Ambiguous and can get stuck in detail.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Are we to assume, by the current off topic posts that there is nothing new, gossip or otherwise, on the current story?
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:32 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:13 am A flightless bird in an apartment with 6 cats might be fun...
I'm not getting any sleep anyway with the stupid construction going 24 hours, so why the heck not lol
I am so surprised that even a longtermer like you has not found a decently priced nice quiet place to live in PP. Must be like hell next to a cambodian (or any) construcion site.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

truffledog wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:22 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:32 am
I am so surprised that even a longtermer like you has not found a decently priced nice quiet place to live in PP. Must be like hell next to a cambodian (or any) construcion site.
In Cambodia things change all the time. You can live in a quiet neighborhood for months which turns into a construction site just overnight.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

truffledog wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:22 pm I am so surprised that even a longtermer like you has not found a decently priced nice quiet place to live in PP. Must be like hell next to a cambodian (or any) construcion site.
I love my place! I have 6 cats so options are often limited ;) The noise won't last.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Doc67 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:13 am
rozzieoz wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:14 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:31 pm kiwi
1. a flightless New Zealand bird with hairlike feathers, having a long downcurved bill with sensitive nostrils at the tip.
I win!
Congratulations! Do you want the flightless bird or the shoe polish?

A flightless bird in an apartment with 6 cats might be fun...
I want a TikTok video with appropriate bawdy humor of Roz chasing the kiwi in her apartment accompanied by Laughing Sax (aka Benny Hill chase music).
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Felgerkarb wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:20 pm
1. a flightless New Zealand bird with hairlike feathers, having a long downcurved bill with sensitive nostrils at the tip.
I win!

I want a TikTok video with appropriate bawdy humor of Roz chasing the kiwi in her apartment accompanied by Laughing Sax (aka Benny Hill chase music).
try AI
work is for people who cant find truffles
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

:dm: up
Felgerkarb wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:20 pm
I win!

Is that the one that goes na na neddle neddle, na na neddle neddle, na na neddle neddle na. N-na-na na na na na na na neddle neddle, na na na na na na neddle..? Like going to girlie bars these days, and you're the only customer.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

Any word on Geoff’s condition? Any new developments on the investigation? Any new wrinkles at all?
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic