Crying man on loudspeaker outside my hotel!?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Crying man on loudspeaker outside my hotel!?

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Freightdog wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:20 am
hanno wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:36 am What a weird thread.
6months ago, maybe.
Definitely getting a few unusual types. They're like a list of TV series titles - Stranger Things, The Walking Dead, Lost, Mad Men....
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

We have random drugs testing, and it’s quite good at catching us miscreants. (I’d taken a pain killer that morning, and you should see the HR types twisting themselves up over the thin red line). Maybe these devices should be employed at immigration? And not just on the immigration staff.
dogz8827
Tourist

Post by dogz8827 »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:29 am
dogz8827 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:37 am
Darkcel wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:53 am What? Like physically following you down the street? Was there a white tent or anything near by? Could of been a funeral, could of been a case of Ganzberg got somebody in their feelings.
It looked like a little street cart with handles that allowed it to be wheeled around. It had a loudspeaker connected to a car battery and they were blaring sounds at me, like a psyop or something.

It was covered in a wreath of elephant garlic.

I believe the woman that I met at the bar was some sort of spy. She tried to sell me Cocaine, which I politely declined.

Have you ever heard of this kind of political nonsense happening in PP? I've never seen anything like it. I think it might have been a failed blackmail attempt.
I'll humour you.
The Charley thing is rare, did you see it?
Which bar?
Is the "nonsense" the action in the story, or the story itself?
What you need to do is keep moving BC the cart pusher has not gone away; they just take a while to catch up to you.
Oh, and make sure you use a VPN: You wouldn't want a Cambo IP when you said you left the country.
I definitely didn't use a VPN. What happens in this case? XD

I did notice my laptop was full to the brim with malware when I got home. I had to wipe it and start over again.
dogz8827
Tourist

Post by dogz8827 »

So we've had multiple confirmed accounts of acoustic harassment against foreigners in this country?

I'm just trying to figure out what it means!

Maybe I pissed off someone with connections to the Military or the Police?

Maybe I'll never know.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

dogz8827 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:01 am So we've had multiple confirmed accounts of acoustic harassment against foreigners in this country?

Maybe I'll never know.
I fucked off to Banlung for 6 mos and changed my appearance and it’s never happened again yet since I returned.
Stay classy na
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

dogz8827 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:01 am So we've had multiple confirmed accounts of acoustic harassment against foreigners in this country?

Maybe I'll never know.
Well since you left the country I wouldn’t be too worried about it.

My advice to you would be to get some plastic surgery done, legally change your name, get a new passport, and when you return never refuse to buy cocaine from a girl at the bar.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Maybe I'll never know.
This dude sounds like the teacher guy rambling on about the govt and having no money.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

BklynBoy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:50 am

Maybe I'll never know.
This dude sounds like the teacher guy rambling on about the govt and having no money.
Of course that’s who this is. He even took my advice and changed the situation up a bit. Good for him for being able to accept constructive advice.
dogz8827
Tourist

Post by dogz8827 »

BklynBoy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:50 am

Maybe I'll never know.
We have multiple accounts of people who claim to have experienced this, and you still don't believe it?

What would be enough to make you believe?

Next time it happens, someone on here should record it on their phone and upload it as proof.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic