How did you celebrate May the 4th or Cinco de Mayo?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: How did you celebrate May the 4th or Cinco de Mayo?

Post by pissontheroof »

I love cambrodia , they use american money 💵, drive on my side of the road .
But why not like messico and amurika ? Speaking a little bit of each other’s language ?
I hate that all the ATMs in USA 🇺🇸 got the spanish option , I wonder if there is a choice in mehico ?

I just wish cambrodians spoke more thai
I can read and write and bla bla bla in thai
But this cambrodian shit is just too stupid for me
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

pissontheroof wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:04 am
anka wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:03 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:51 am I made chicken quesadillas yesterday. Drank Japanese beer, though.
getting hungry now.. while learning about Cinco De Mayo being a short-lived victory for Mexicans. the general who led the "Battle of Puebla" died shortly after and the French came back and defeated them at the Second Battle.

best Mexican food in Siem Reap?? let's gooo

if there's anything to do here apart from Angkor Wat also v appreciative of suggestions
At the turn of the 20th century, Mexico was introduced to mayonnaise.

And they just loved it. They couldn’t make mayonnaise quick enough.

Little known fact, the Titanic had a large vat of mayonnaise that was going to go to Mexico.

Now when the Titanic sunk, and the mayonnaise went with it, the Mexicans were devastated.

So devastated that they did the only logical thing they could do: make a holiday to commemorate that tragic event.

Know what they called that holiday?

Cinco de Mayo.
I have head that one before!
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

techietraveller84 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:33 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:04 am
anka wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:03 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:51 am I made chicken quesadillas yesterday. Drank Japanese beer, though.
getting hungry now.. while learning about Cinco De Mayo being a short-lived victory for Mexicans. the general who led the "Battle of Puebla" died shortly after and the French came back and defeated them at the Second Battle.

best Mexican food in Siem Reap?? let's gooo

if there's anything to do here apart from Angkor Wat also v appreciative of suggestions
At the turn of the 20th century, Mexico was introduced to mayonnaise.

And they just loved it. They couldn’t make mayonnaise quick enough.

Little known fact, the Titanic had a large vat of mayonnaise that was going to go to Mexico.

Now when the Titanic sunk, and the mayonnaise went with it, the Mexicans were devastated.

So devastated that they did the only logical thing they could do: make a holiday to commemorate that tragic event.

Know what they called that holiday?

Cinco de Mayo.
I have head that one before!
OMG 😱 really ?
That’s pretty good , because I just made that up ….

…. Or was it a dream ?
I dint even spell sinko right !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic