time to withdraw money from financial institutions here now?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: time to withdraw money from financial institutions here now?

Post by Kenr »

truffledog wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:58 pm
Kenr wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:46 pm What is something the last three banks that went under had in common? Cryptocurrency.
BS
What’s BS? You’re saying that they didn’t deal in cryptocurrency?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Kammekor wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:59 pm
Kenr wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:46 pm What is something the last three banks that went under had in common? Cryptocurrency.
I thought it was bonds, long and medium term bonds, which were worth less than they were bought for because of the interest hike of the last 12 months.
I never claimed that it was the reason for their collapse.
JosephLarrybradley
Tourist
United States of America

Post by JosephLarrybradley »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:24 pm Now something going on at European banks, too.

Latest whisper from the Fed (US), everyone will get their money back from those banks.

In the US, FDIC insured bank has the government backing your account up to $250,000 per account.

This will move more investors to put money in big banks as opposed to regional banks.

Silicon Valley Bank was known for funding startups and small companies that the big banks would never give a loan to.

The problem down the line will be fewer start ups and mom and pop businesses because they couldn’t get a loan.
We need less startups when it's Woke shit being bailed out by the rest of banks who who would not have given loans to democrat fucking joe biden corrupt... get the ide?

If they had followed the law NOT bailed out and let these shit investments fail.

That's what should have happened.
You want more? Fuck you
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

JosephLarrybradley wrote:If they had followed the law NOT bailed out and let these shit investments fail.

You want more? Fuck you
The problem isn’t following or not following the law. It’s restoring public faith in the banking system.

If one bank fails and no one cares, then it isn’t a problem. If multiple banks fail, and everyone panics and tries to take their money out of all the banks at once, it’s a big problem.

There’s always a fine line between over regulation that stifles innovation and investment, and stability that protects the consumer.

Loans are the driver of economic growth. No one saves for 30 years before buying a home. No one saves for 10 years before starting a business.

My opinions of course. No swearing needed.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

JosephLarrybradley wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:00 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:24 pm Now something going on at European banks, too.

Latest whisper from the Fed (US), everyone will get their money back from those banks.

In the US, FDIC insured bank has the government backing your account up to $250,000 per account.

This will move more investors to put money in big banks as opposed to regional banks.

Silicon Valley Bank was known for funding startups and small companies that the big banks would never give a loan to.

The problem down the line will be fewer start ups and mom and pop businesses because they couldn’t get a loan.
We need less startups when it's Woke shit being bailed out by the rest of banks who who would not have given loans to democrat fucking joe biden corrupt... get the ide?

If they had followed the law NOT bailed out and let these shit investments fail.

You want more? Fuck you
WTF are you talking about? You do understand that by requiring less oversight on these banks, which was done by the previous administration, is what caused this situation? But I doubt you do.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Bringing in firing squads for irresponsible and unscrupulous banksters would be my preferred solution. Aa long as they don't have anything more to fear than dismissal and a cut in their bonuses, nothing will change.
JosephLarrybradley
Tourist
United States of America

Post by JosephLarrybradley »

Kenr wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:05 am

You want more? Fuck you
WTF are you talking about? You do understand that by requiring less oversight on these banks, which was done by the previous administration, is what caused this situation? But I doubt you do.
Fuck you.
I understand that the bank bail outs started under bush were implemented and made worse by oboma.. the god dammed muslim lover beforre Ameraca. I understand that ongoing it's made worse.

FUCK YOU

When people pay for what they take we will all be better off.

What about YOU. Do you fucking work? IF you were among those who already paid in and those still paying you might care.

Fuck YOU
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

JosephLarrybradley wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:47 pm Fuck you.
I understand that the bank bail outs started under bush were implemented and made worse by oboma.. the god dammed muslim lover beforre Ameraca. I understand that ongoing it's made worse.

FUCK YOU

What about YOU. Do you fucking work? IF you were among those who already paid in and those still paying you might care.

Fuck YOU
:facepalm:
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

JosephLarrybradley wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:47 pm
Kenr wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:05 am

You want more? Fuck you
Fuck you.

FUCK YOU

Fuck YOU
LOL. Two completely different situations. When Trump and the GOP loosened the regulations on the Dodd-Frank Act it took away the requirement for oversight by the Fed’s for those sized banks.

And unfortunately you aren’t too bright. These latest bank failures cost the taxpayers $0. So if it cost $0, what should I care about? So what are you crying about?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic