Good Long Stay Guest House

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
hyku1147
Expatriate
Great Britain

Good Long Stay Guest House

Post by hyku1147 »

Hi Gang,

I need some recommendations:

I will be arriving in PP in mid Nov' 2015, and I will be staying for 9 months. I am looking for a quiet, and well managed GH, that has good free WiFi, a fridge, weekly room cleaning, and is in the $200.00 range. My desired location is within the rough circle on the attached map.

Thanks for your consideration.

Cheers

Hyku

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Good Long Stay Guest House

Post by General Mackevili »

Hello again!

For such a long stay, you might be just as well off renting a room or apartment.

You pretty much cover all the main areas with guesthouses in Phnom Penh.

Most places have free WiFi these days, but the quality is often affected by individual room location.

I would check out street 172. Look at a few places and see if they will offer you a discount for staying so long.

I wouldn't pay anything more than a month in advance plus a deposit month no matter what they promise you, as a promise in Cambodia is worth slightly less than a broken toothpick.

Since you should no doubt be getting a a discount for staying so long, I'd just wait until you arrive to start looking around. You might also want to find a place with no fridge and buy one yourself. Having a fridge in the room could really increase the price of the place in their eyes. It's also common for places to give you huge monthly discounts, but make you pay for your electricity used. Make sure the rate is crystal clear if you do that.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
hyku1147
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by hyku1147 »

Thanks for the good advice.

Cheers

Hyku
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

For 9 months, I'd right away start looking for an actual apartment /flat / whatever. Most common is a 1 year lease. Negotiate them to sign a 9 month lease. I know you may not want that but it would upgrade your home compared to any guesthouse in your budget.

Hard to find a guesthouse for $200 per month. If I understand.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic