Hope everyone had a Happy Khmer New Year 2023!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Hope everyone had a Happy Khmer New Year 2023!

Post by violet »

Yobbo wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:15 pm
Tootsfriend wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:57 am
Yobbo wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:41 pm I laugh at how many years I really did think that it was you in that avatar General.
Cheers!
Yobbo, Is that really you in your avatar. Just want to know incase I see you around town.
No, we look similar though Sir Les has better teeth :beer3:
Barry Humphries died today
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

violet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:33 pm
Yobbo wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:41 pm I laugh at how many years I really did think that it was you in that avatar General.
Cheers!
Yobbo, Is that really you in your avatar. Just want to know incase I see you around town.
Barry Humphries died today
Oh no, that's a great loss for Australia. Fly the flags at half-mast. :cry:
There are not many Australians with his sex appeal, and face it, he was a she, way back when we didn't give a shit.
(Could we start a new thread ? I'd really like us to post some Dame Edna classics - in remembrance - but, also for those who missed the boat... because it's fking funny.)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Pics are so adorable. Good luck to you and your family. In this part of Texas, Khmer New Year rotates
among the various temples.

The last of the multi weekend celebrations is this weekend. Still deciding if I will go.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

Cheers!
sorry to hear that your alter ego, RIP Barry Humphreys, died today age 89
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

Don't know if you're old enough to remember the Barry McKenzie cartoon in the 1970s which was written by Humphries? He certainly had a lot of talent for that and the range of characters he played over the years. I think he spent a lot of time in England.

I wonder if Rolf Harris will get the same level of obituaries when he is no longer with us 🤔
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Finally went to the last of the Khmer New Year celebrations. This one as held in Alvin. Affectionately called (in Khmer) as the Farmer’s temple. Because it is in the middle of Cambodian farm country, middle of nowhere.

Missus though it would be small and empty. It was not. Probably the biggest of the celebration I’ve been to here.

Music was cranked up to Cambodia levels. So many sellers that multiple small paths were created to accommodate them all.

Apparently a lot of the Cambodian businesses are based here.

Happy New Year everyone!
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

พิซออนเดอรูฟ
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

I didn’t know I was white.

Thank you for elevating my social status.

Wishing every one a prosperous and luck New Khmer Year.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic