PM seeks ban on water gun games during KNY after foreign tourist injured

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: PM seeks ban on water gun games during KNY after foreign tourist injured

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

“Please don’t play this game if you are a Cambodian.”

Perhaps adopt the above phrase as a slogan for reckless driving campaigns before shaming relatively harmless water fun.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

To be fair, it's a Khmer Times source, so chances are the PM said nothing of the sort

The water games were not allowed when I moved here for quite a few years

It's a nice thing to have. Hopefully it isn't banned because of some blind tourist spastic
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Phnom Krom wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:53 pm Nanny state pussies go home

IMHO

"check how many people have gotten injured, or even died, playing tug-of-war. Pretty dangerous entertainment." I may note sarcasm from Hanno....?

"Iwas amazed by the amount of water used (spilled?) for play given there's a large water shortage in the city."

Yeah, the amount of water being wasted during a shortage was something I was thinking about too.

"A party like this could never be allowed to happen in my country."
Kudos to Ryan

...and to the nannies...go home with your nanny virus....

It's fun as shit. Did you see the endless fun all the kids had?

Sorry but not sorry....long live water guns and fun for kids and prayers for the rains to come...and traditional games of course....
You weren't there, were you?
Phnom Krom
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Krom »

Correct, I was not there. Never been to Cambodia.
Just a troll.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Phnom Krom wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:31 pm Correct, I was not there. Never been to Cambodia.
Just a troll.
Talking about Phnom Penh in the evening during KNY. Not about whether you've ever been to Cambodia.

The kids were having fun for sure, so was mine, but there were pickups throwing water around from 500L drums in the back, people were throwing water around from water drums in front of their houses especially at crossings, constantly refilling with their hose. Some were even constantly spraying using the hose.

It was fun for the kids, for sure, but a lot of water was used by others than the water gun using kids.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

If i were allergic to water as this person seem to be i would just stay inside for a few days during KNY.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Albror wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:02 pm If i were allergic to water as this person seem to be i would just stay inside for a few days during KNY.
Better read again.
Spoiler:
I was there, with my kid armed with a water gun, and I was amazed by the amount of water used in a city with a water shortage.
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

violet wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:33 pm
Gazzy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:01 pm But they're happy to allow water wastage at the hundreds of car-washes over town.
I recall a government message saying car washes should make drastic changes right now
Do you recall them taking action over even ONE that didn't comply? No.
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:05 pm To be fair, it's a Khmer Times source, so chances are the PM said nothing of the sort
Yeah, I'm sure misquoting the PM is a frequent and harmless occupation, LOL :?
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
Scarier than malaria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic