Phnom Penh sub 3$ meals

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Phnom Penh sub 3$ meals

Post by John Bingham »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:45 pm
Onederz on 110 has a cheap menu, surprisingly so. I haven't eaten there but I did see some food served once and it looked terrible.
I've eaten there a couple of times and the food was okay.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ppjp
Tourist
United States of America

Post by ppjp »

Doesn't look like I can edit the original post to include the helpful comments in an overview. So here's the first overview in a reply form.

walk down 13 from the palace to 110 you'll find lots of cheap eats; corner of 13 and either 130 or 144 near kandal market

Sinan Restaurant on 172

local vendors in front of O' Russei market

roadside stall between Larry's and Onederz

Family place + Vietnamese: street 63 one block north of the junction with 184;
Chinese chop on 63 nearer street 322

evening eats street 136, opposite what was Route136; riverside small vendors with barbecue setups grilled veg like Okre and mushrooms

vietnamese soup/banh minh restaurant, 12258 Oknha Nou Kan Street (St. 105), across from cafe Dalin

Onederz on 110

I'll keep adding your useful replies, thanks to all those who share their venues!
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

Sinan 172 st
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I guess I have to forget my usual high-rolling habits and try some of these cheap eats. It'll be rough, but someone's gotta do it.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

ppjp wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:05 pm Doesn't look like I can edit the original post to include the helpful comments in an overview. So here's the first overview in a reply form.

walk down 13 from the palace to 110 you'll find lots of cheap eats; corner of 13 and either 130 or 144 near kandal market

Sinan Restaurant on 172

local vendors in front of O' Russei market

roadside stall between Larry's and Onederz

Family place + Vietnamese: street 63 one block north of the junction with 184;
Chinese chop on 63 nearer street 322

evening eats street 136, opposite what was Route136; riverside small vendors with barbecue setups grilled veg like Okre and mushrooms

vietnamese soup/banh minh restaurant, 12258 Oknha Nou Kan Street (St. 105), across from cafe Dalin

Onederz on 110

I'll keep adding your useful replies, thanks to all those who share their venues!
Any local market in the evening will have rotisserie chicken carts, a small chook is $4, a medium is $5 and a large is $6
However, they also grill some breast, fillet and other bits, usually a BBQ and marinated chunk of chick breast is 5000r, two of those and a small watermelon/bag of fruit pieces is a great meal for under $3
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic