Khema la Poste and Khema Siem Reap

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Khema la Poste and Khema Siem Reap

Post by violet »

Stravaiger wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:08 pm I liked Khéma Pasteur when it first opened, a three course lunch with a glass of wine was about $20 iirc.

A nice piece of fish

But they stopped including drinks and offered glasses of wine @ $6 where a bottle of equivalent quality would cost $8 here. You looked at the other diners drinking tap water or diet coke and couldn't help thinking they were trying to bring you in with the cheap menu and then make money on the booze. And failing.

I never liked Khéma la Poste, would describe it as faux French airport cuisine. Service was always terrible, dishes arriving at random as mentioned, often cold and in minuscule portions. Navarin d'agneau about a quarter of the size of a Naga $5 curry. And the freeflow marketing thing impacted the quality.

But the random serving of dishes is a general problem in Asia. Their dining culture isn't so much processional as communal, often a bit of a free for all involving shared dishes. Over the years in many restos (and some good) it was always prudent to order just one course at a time.
I agree with your opinion of Khéma la Poste. Things may have improved in the last few years, but it never lived up to the hype for me.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Khema la Poste and Khema Siem Reap

Post by Doc67 »

I went there once. The staff completely lost control over who ordered what, and there was no discernment between getting the starters out before the mains. So did we to be fair, people were sticking their hands up if they liked the look of something. The staff seemed astonished at how much we ordered. It was good value until some twat ordered 3 bottles of Perrier for $19.

post533126.html#p533126
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic