Second hand scooter: main criteria?

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Second hand scooter: main criteria?

Post by AndyKK »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:31 pm
AndyKK wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:58 pm I managed to get insurance today at Infinity. The Honda CB400SS because it is over the 125cc, owner needs to show Cambodian driving licence, also his/her passport. Third party liability, with a liability limit $10,000 one-year policy is $77. Fully Comprehensive with same liability $10,000 one-year policy is $188.
Is there a basic excess aka deductible? :pirat:
There will always be something to pay no matter where you are, and of what country you may be. For the excess payable is the first $25 only, I think is a tremendous deal.
I thought long and hard over a long period of time, but even more so over the new year period. It's a bit of a worry on the whole, the road users don't seem to have any perception of what may happen if, nor do they seem like they ever even care. The change in law to not need a licence for a bike under the 125cc limit is just a disaster for themselves (mostly unexperienced) there is supposed to be an age limit, but I think it is over looked just as many traffic laws are when suits. There must be a higher rate of small motorcycles coming into the country to maintain the want and make the importer wealthy, not forgetting tax monies into the government hands.
But overall, technically I am well aware of being involved in any type of accidents here, it will be the foreign person at fault, no matter what the situation, the law will always be against you and side with that of their own. It's like tossing a coin "heads or tails" a gamble, but waiting for that day unfortunately to come, and when it does (not if) I would not like the odds that the other party has any insurance.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but is there any solution to a second hand motor bike that has a license plate but not a card? I'm not sure what it's called in English but it's a small registration card.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Are there any small capacity trail bikes around nowadays? I am too old for a big heavy moto do something around 150cc. I like the auto scooters, had a few airblades. Great motos. Bought a few Clicks and Scoopys for other people. Went all over the kingdom on the Airblade but would like to explore off road.
I always liked putting the moto on the bus to go to the beach. So cheap and handy. Can you put motos on the train?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic