Cousins Appeal 4 Years' Jail for 12 grams of Drugs

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cousins Appeal 4 Years' Jail for 12 grams of Drugs

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

daiquiri wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:25 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:28 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:54 pm What would you recommend a government that spends next to nothing on mental health and drug addiction do?

Mandatory supervised death by drug overdose?

(Sorry, tongue in cheek)
How about, spend more on mental health and drug addiction,treating it as a sickness rather than a crime?
Haha... nice one! Could be actually that easy :good:

Offering help to those who want help... some maybe even don't need it... alcohol is addictive and destructive, so is cocaine.. I actually know plenty of people who drink regularly or do coke and have no problematic consumption pattern. Why not just let them be?

I did a fair amount of ecstasy in my early twenties. Had a lot of fun, great parties, and bad comedowns and pill hangovers. Becoming older and these awful depression hangovers had me lose interest in doing it at all over the years. It makes me feel unwell just looking at it these days. When some friends still do it I am not remotely interested in partaking dosing but nonetheless I'll drink and "party" with them. I had my fun and regret nothing. Why lock people up for it?

Drug education is actually working wonders! Rave parties I went to did a great job as well for information but also do things like drug checking and pill warnings... drugs like heroin are really coming out of trend and ice actually never became a big trend in germany.. I think that is because of drug education and that people are aware of the dangers and unproportional dangers especially on those two drugs.

I am actually really curious how the huge ice problem in SE Asia could be addressed and tackled.

As drug treatment actually says there is no substitute to meth - I would be really interested if it couldn't be substituted with amphetamine (adderall in us). Same like heroin addicts in Switzerland are substituted with morphine pills. Germany even gives pharma heroin to hard-core junkies. They will live healthy, are off the street dealers, no need to steel anymore, no needles lying around on the streets...

You see - there are many innovative and progressive approaches in tackling the issue. Locking up the tiniest actor in the game - the end user - is definitely none of them.

It is actually a ignorant, irrational and dehumanizing way. Like witch burning or the sheep voters for Nixon, who declared war on drugs, upon industry interests and motives to have reasons to lock up hippies, war protesters and black people. Thinking that alcohol and nicotine is the way to go for the rest of humanity is as dumb as saying we must use old Nokia phones because smart phones can be abused for criminal / bad actions as well. Science actually starts to recognize psychedelics like mdma, lsd, ketamine and mushrooms as groundbreaking depression treatment, as one dose helps for a long period of time if used in a therapy,instead of common ssris that mechanically boost your happy hormones when you take them, but also stop doing that if you stop them

Had a few beers and I am bored on the train haha...
Yeah, consequences comes with maturity. I remember "Suicide Tuesday's." Followed Monday; still in the system. Wednesday was productive, but it had to be bc Thursday was a dress rehearsal for the w/e.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic