reputable rental leasing agents

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
WWWAdamWWW
Tourist
Canada

reputable rental leasing agents

Post by WWWAdamWWW »

Has anyone on here had a good experience with a rental agent and care to share their contact info?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: reputable rental leasing agents

Post by xandreu »

You probably don't need one. Assuming you're in PP, it is choc-a-bloc with vacant apartments that you'd be much better off finding yourself.

Just decide which area you want to live in, and spend an afternoon going around the area. For condo-type places, there is almost always some sort of office at the bottom. Just ask the security guard - take a Khmer friend with you. For non-condo type of places, there will be a phone number posted on the property somewhere if they have places available. Get a Khmer friend to call them.

Agents work on commission which is based on the monthly amount you agree to pay. I've been told it's the equivalent of one months rent. It's not in their interests to get you a good deal. The more they can get you to agree to pay, the more they can claim as commission.

Take a Khmer friend with you who can help you to negotiate. Offer to give them some money for their time and troubles. They'll appreciate it, and you'll come away with a much better deal.

Other than that, if you still want to go with an agent, there are plenty of FB groups who can give you a broader range of advice. A lot of people here either don't live in Cambodia, or more likely, are very settled and haven't dealt with agents in some time. If ever.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Love him or hate him, Vladimir wrote a good guide...

housing-for-rent-sale/how-rent-property ... e-t64.html
WWWAdamWWW
Tourist
Canada

Post by WWWAdamWWW »

Thank you for the good info once again. Unfortunately, I haven't really had a chance to make any Khmer friends yet, so I will try it on my own and see what happens.
WWWAdamWWW
Tourist
Canada

Post by WWWAdamWWW »

Thank you for the good info once again. Unfortunately, I haven't really had a chance to make any Khmer friends yet, so I will try it on my own and see what happens.
WWWAdamWWW
Tourist
Canada

Post by WWWAdamWWW »

WWWAdamWWW
Tourist
Canada

Post by WWWAdamWWW »

reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

Failing that, I would recommend IPS https://ips-cambodia.com/

I used them here (SIem Reap) and they were good. The girl who showed me around various properties nego'd to get the rent down on the place we did take eventually.

Other posters have said you don't need an agent and I wouldn't disagree but it does make things easier and they will have multiple places you might struggle to find on your own.

Gotta be easier if you don't know anyone here yet - good luck!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Rambo the tuktuk driver who hangs out outside Larry's on 110 is a good guy and speaks English. His tuktuk (remorque style) has Geelong written on the back. He knows a lot of landlords and what apartments are available. Several people I know have been happy with his service.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic