Relationship status update.Poll. It's been a while.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

What is your relationship status?

1. Been burnt too many times - not for me thanks.
7%
2. I can still pull when I need to.
7%
3. There's nothing a bar fine can't fix.
10%
4. I could be in the market for a forever person if the right one happened my way.
7%
5. In a relationship.
17%
6. Just married.
No votes
7. Already growing old with a wonderful partner.
38%
8. I'm married, but, well, hey, they all need lovin', don't they!?
14%

Total votes: 29
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Relationship status update.Poll. It's been a while.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

It's been a couple of years since your relationship status was known and for some who visit or live in Cambodia that's a lifetime.

What's your relationship status?
JReb
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Relationship status update.Poll. It's been a while.

Post by JReb »

I ended a 4 year relationship 2 years too late..Khmer have so many secrets and plans and lie and family issues. COVID came and I made the mistake of letting her stay...got in with a very bad but fun lady who had never had a boyfriend..just customers..she is TROUBLE..I am just tired of Lie Lie Lie..4T5. Says it all..I did get into Vannda thanks to Khmer ladies .. kochet....This year, I cut off some dead weight..Been warning ladies there are no customers coming..I am talking service industry customers...not just bars..I do not go to bars to drink..or pick up ladies..
Tired of all the lies..scams..
I have saved money this year..cut back in many areas and stopped helping past gfs who are broke and falling apart....I know I am never going to meet a great gal because I am not going to put out all the dough and play her games...did that...
If I want a lady...I just go get one...But, I have very little desire for that type of stuff...
I had many wives and thousands of ladies in my life all over the world....I sure have a love/hate thing with Khmer girls...
Best to save dough..work out..cook great food and live alone....the world is in deep shit and some no read the news spendthrift is not going to help..did I mention their families? Non stop Khmer drama..
I love Cambodia...But, I have my go bag ready..
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Personally I find a life with fewer considerations a more enjoyable one. Having the freedom to come and go or do what I like without needing to consider another person suits me, although if it should happen that someone comes into my life who also wants to come and go or do what I like, I would be open to it.

However, having said the above, I think partnership unlikely at this stage as the longer I find myself alone, the more I've grown accustomed to the attending pleasures of singledom.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Never again.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:41 am Personally I find a life with fewer considerations a more enjoyable one. Having the freedom to come and go or do what I like without needing to consider another person suits me, although if it should happen that someone comes into my life who also wants to come and go or do what I like, I would be open to it.

However, having said the above, I think partnership unlikely at this stage as the longer I find myself alone, the more I've grown accustomed to the attending pleasures of singledom.
Most people I know who have been single for some time come to this conclusion. I'm 50/50 with it. Just as happy being single as I am in a relationship. There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

I do wonder though if the longer you're single, the less likely you are to meet someone and be happy. My sister was single for several years before she met someone, but it only lasted about 6 months, and she freely admitted to me that it wasn't that she didn't like him per se, it was just that she had gotten so used to her single lifestyle, she missed it too much and found dating someone too much of an effort.

I'm not saying if this is a good thing or a bad thing, it's up to the individual I guess.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:41 am Personally I find a life with fewer considerations a more enjoyable one. Having the freedom to come and go or do what I like without needing to consider another person suits me, although if it should happen that someone comes into my life who also wants to come and go or do what I like, I would be open to it.

well said and I agree. I really enjoy being alone and not having to consider whether I am neglecting or disappointing someone else. I guess I’m a loner - a hermit lifestyle suits me well.
Stay classy na
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

I cannot vote in the pole. I don't see a category close to my way of being freely with women...

I am alone for some few years, and have given up looking. That said, I am very unhappy about living alone. (Not depressed or angry, just resentful in a careless, off-handed way towards the super-rich like Leo "Pot-belly" DiCaprio who can get fancy young models at will... Ruthy is gone since COVID hit after I drove her mad inadvertently; I have bad luck with women, and finding one brave and intelligent and creative enough is a real problem...)

I have never gone to a Cambodian massage parlor excepting the Seeing Hands variety. Masturbation is a private matter, not something you ask a woman to do for you... Unless you are a dirty seedy louse to begin with...

But in past years have had moments with nymphos picked up in discos, bars, etc...

If I had more money and the freedom to live elsewhere, I'd have a certain class of babe. But, they are not many like them in Cambodia.

That said, I saw one sublime specimen walking today down the street in TTP, with the right physique, poise and élan. Although her skin was deeply tanned, I'm not sure she was Cambodian since the tuk-tuk was passing her from behind and I am not a yokel goofy enough to turn around and gawk... However, those kind of exquisite women are usually shacked up with young bankers or other women, or more likely, on their way back to France next week, etc... She's not likely to turn up in a smokey, dumpy TTP bar...

I do see so many cute, innocent and elegantly lovely young women all over the city and country... But they are really just too... Sweet ...and I want someone really bad, really corrupt and really perverted ... A bad bad bitch.

Money burns quickly when you squander it on whores. Squandering money on whores is a limp-dick idea to me. Life is so short and it has left me behind...

Anyway, I just don't see any women in my class here.

Add to that, I am lazy as fuck, and don't even know where to begin to go looking for women in Phnom Penh. The sky bars I think are too empty, or full of young people in closed groups, not single women on their own or in pairs like in the normal Western world. The TTP bars will be full of young teachers most of whom are prudish middle classers who only fuck kids their own age, etc, etc, yawn... The black Africans are the new playboys in Phnom Penh. The Chinese own the women in Nagaworld, including the Ukrainian whores, the best of whom went to London and Dubai, anyway - they're not anywhere near here... The bar area near the riverside is the last resort of the desperate and undiscriminating... The very richest hoodlums of all nationalities and local Khmers already have pimps to bring them girls and women directly to their villas and hotels... The diplomatic core is the same old square boring dross - their Days marry financial dickheads like the kids of Clintons and all the other scared insecure rich people. The bankers and lawyers are the same old dross. . . . .The motodop pimps may still be operating for the old French, Americans and Germans in Kampot, I don't know. (I think in the city, the pimps are now supplying rich Cambodians more than foreigners these days...) The local swinger-orgy set is young. I am old-er. Marriage turns me off completely... Absolutely.

Fuck marriage right off! Fuck having kids right off, too!!!

Where is Maria Callas or Amy Winehouse or Billie Eilish when you need her?

Dead a long time ago, or with some asinine producer in another hemisphere far away from dumpy poor mean-arse Asia ...in dangerous insane kill-kill America, or risking a stroll through an unsafe British city at night...

I see poor children in dirty rags of 7 or 10 years old begging alone on HE Boulevard late in the evening riding back from the wage and I don't think it makes me feel anything but sad and suicidal...

8)
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Rereading my above post the next day gives me a regret. I am not an arrogant person. I apologize because my sense of humor will seem not seem funny and will appear offensive to many. I am never that serious...

I made a spelling mistake, too. The "diplomatic corpse" not "diplomatic core", lol... whatever.

I just don't get how the world can end up in a good place if Asian society keeps imitating "white" western socio-economic norms of hypocrisy -- the waste of energy -- needing too many big SUVs. I ride a bicycle.

Again, I apologize. I am not insane. Merely jaded beyond repair -- a useless wanker and lazy bum who doesn't want to pay the fee.

Good day, I am resigning from this forum. I don't want to upset anyone anymore.

Enjoy your life. Be happy with the one you love...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

orichá wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:37 am Rereading my above post the next day gives me a regret. I am not an arrogant person. I apologize because my sense of humor will seem not seem funny and will appear offensive to many. I am never that serious...

I made a spelling mistake, too. The "diplomatic corpse" not "diplomatic core", lol... whatever.

I just don't get how the world can end up in a good place if Asian society keeps imitating "white" western socio-economic norms of hypocrisy -- the waste of energy -- needing too many big SUVs. I ride a bicycle.

Again, I apologize. I am not insane. Merely jaded beyond repair -- a useless wanker and lazy bum who doesn't want to pay the fee.

Good day, I am resigning from this forum. I don't want to upset anyone anymore.

Enjoy your life. Be happy with the one you love...

Check with GM and the mods, I think your resignation has been turned down.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

orichá wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:37 am Rereading my above post the next day gives me a regret.
I think we've all at some point in time woken the next day and had a groan at what we've said or written the night before. Welcome to the club.
orichá wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:37 am Again, I apologize. I am not insane.
You've got a long way to go if you want to be considered insane on this forum.
orichá wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:37 am Merely jaded beyond repair -- a useless wanker and lazy bum who doesn't want to pay the fee.
I just read that line in a Bogart voice and laughed.
orichá wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:37 am Good day, I am resigning from this forum. I don't want to upset anyone anymore.
If anyone was upset with you they'd let you know - CEO isn' t exactly known for it's tactful, caring, loving-kindnesses.

Run a bath, burn some incense, put on some Enya......
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic