What time does your day start? Poll.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

What time does your day start?

1. 3am -ish
2%
2. 4am -ish
9%
3. 5am -ish
29%
4. 6am -ish
20%
5. 7am -ish
11%
6. 8am -ish
7%
7. 9am -ish
9%
8 10am - ish
2%
9. 11am - ish
No votes
10. Whenever-ish
11%

Total votes: 45
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What time does your day start? Poll.

Post by rgrowden »

Up at 10:30, sweep, water the plants, let the cats out on the balcony. Then breakfast of goji berries, walnuts and coffee as I spend the next two hours going over the news, market reports, and my stocks. Then exercise, hang with the cats the rest of the day.

"Take it easy, take it easy.
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy".
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

cabron wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:40 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:33 am Get up at 3 am, give the cat a spoonful of cat treat, gobble meds and vitamins, get showered and dressed for work, out of the house by 5 am. Drive 1 hr to work, prepare 1 hr (at best) for work starting at 7 am. If the planned workday is 6 am, then wake up 1 hr earlier. Only have to do this hell for 25 years more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If you at 3 am, why bother going to bed?
Sounds like my college days!
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Get up around 5.45am, check work emails while having tea and toast (means I can get some dialogue with USA customers), then half an hour cycling to reach the office at 7am. Early start means early finish and miss the traffic in both directions. Always enjoyed experiencing cities waking up and coming to life and that happens early here.
Weekends at the local coffee shop for 7am
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

After more decades of being alive than I care to mention, with a vast amount of that time being asleep, about a year ago, my sleeping habits suddenly changed almost overnight ('scuse the pun).

If left to my own devices (with no work involved) I would always fall into the routine of going to bed about 4-5am and getting up at about 1-2pm. Even when work was involved, I would still regularly get about 9-10 hours of sleep easily.

I now struggle to get 5 hours. It doesn't seem to matter what time I go to bed, I always wake up at about 5.30-6am, even though my job means I could easily stay in bed until 7.30-ish if I wanted. It's got to the point where I question why I even bother setting an alarm. Knowing how lazy i've been for most of my life, if I went back in time to my younger self and told him that I would reach a point in my life where I'd be getting 5 hours of sleep a night and getting up before sunrise, I'd never have believed it.

I guess it's an age thing?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

cabron wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:33 am
Because I am no longer in my 20-30s and can’t work for 5-7 days without sleep.

It takes me a few days to recover from working all day all night and then all day.

I was born a night owl. In college I used to wake up late and go to classes starting 11 am or so.

Then I graduated and hit the real world.
Just gotta survive the wringer another 25 years and then I can retire from it all.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:49 am
cabron wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:33 am
Because I am no longer in my 20-30s and can’t work for 5-7 days without sleep.

It takes me a few days to recover from working all day all night and then all day.

I was born a night owl. In college I used to wake up late and go to classes starting 11 am or so.

Then I graduated and hit the real world.
Just gotta survive the wringer another 25 years and then I can retire from it all.
that sounds really awful. Why have you not engineered your life to be more enjoyable? Why did you build a house 1 hour away from your work? Twenty five years is a long time. Why doesn’t your career plan evolve to be more enjoyable and less demanding?
Stay classy na
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

My sleep schedule changes because of my work schedule. Some days I work afternoons and finish at 9 pm and other days I begin 8 am. My seep adjusts naturally.

I’ve been extreme and usually fall into staying up all night and sleeping all day without a conscious effort. What I have practiced and enjoy is going to bed very early and getting up very early - like 6 pm - 2 am ish. I like that a lot because I avoid the hustle and bustle of a busy world. I’m awake while they are asleep and it is so peaceful. I see the sun come up and enjoy the early part of a day too.

When I am cohabiting I will align my schedule to hers - with effort - so that we get up together and go to bed together. Life is just nicer that way. It wasn’t always that way. I would sleep all day while she went to work but I always felt bad about it. So I changed that for her.
Stay classy na
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic