Girls, Weed & Music!!!! Could 9

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Re: Girls, Weed & Music!!!! Could 9

Post by Khmu Nation »

JReb wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:54 pm If you do not understand a culture you should not ridicule and pass judgement on those that do. .

any bar girl could score ice in seconds..hated that scene..
Only a stoner can sit comfortably with this level of ripe hypocrisy and incredible double standards.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Ghostwriter wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:29 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:23 pm Your assumption is correct to a point - I didn't go to a string of technivals but I was in attendence at the first ever technival, which was in Beauvais in 1993 and guess what: it was SHIT. :D
Well, first anything is often not great, i'll give you that.
First? It was the last - if you went to their raves in England that is.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:28 pm at the first ever technival, which was in Beauvais in 1993

Well, make your mind up, instead of telling opposite things just for the kick of contradicting !
Is this a post-traumatic side-effect or a ripple of your brain ?
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Wow. People actually running low on things to moan about, complain about the names of weed strains.

Have a bong.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Reading this thread it seems like there are a lot of pro drug people here. Way more for than against. Fair assessment?
Stay classy na
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Ghostwriter wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:27 am
Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:28 pm at the first ever technival, which was in Beauvais in 1993

Well, make your mind up, instead of telling opposite things just for the kick of contradicting !
Is this a post-traumatic side-effect or a ripple of your brain ?
Not really. I'm just a grown up now.

Heres the thing. Grown ups don't smoke pot every day. Grown ups don't abuse any substance every day. Sure, a cold beer, a biannual hit of DMT, even an occasional spliff, even having a few too many or taking acid once a year - nothing wrong with that.

Chugging weed on the daily - and let's be real here people (men) over 50 either dont smoke pot at all, or they do smoke pot every day - just isn't a good idea.

Yes its not as bad as IV cocaine every day, a bottle of vodka a day, 15 beers a day, etc. I agree. But it still isn't good! I know so many people who wasted or are wasting their lives away with an innocuous daily ganja habit.

And that's my gripe. The whole just a lickle herb my dude pot head nonsense.

Its more than that; especially modern ganja strains which are way stronger than the red seal hash, sensi and rocky prevalent when I last indulged in that stinking shit as a teenager (the 1980s).

Its definitely way more than that if you're a teenager today - cannabis psychosis is a real thing. As is cannabis addiction. As are respiratory health issues such as emphacema (spelling?) which killed my uncle aged 65, a daily pot smoker since the 1970s.

I think weed should be legal. (I think all drugs should be legal.) But the rhetoric around the stuff, especially modern strains, is totally out of date and as inaccurate as reefer madness of the 1950s, which showed the other end of the current bullshit.

That's all I have to say. If you're over 50 using any substance daily its a bit sad - pathetic and tragic - as well as being to the detriment of you as person.

Plus it stinks. Did I say it stinks? It stinks so bad.

Good luck with it.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

even with elections soon ( may) and some parties against the way things are ( recreational use) they wont be able to fully reverse Weed Power in Thailand

https://greenhousethailand.com/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:08 am even with elections soon ( may) and some parties against the way things are ( recreational use) they wont be able to fully reverse Weed Power in Thailand

https://greenhousethailand.com/
With these guys investing this kind of cash in the Thai weed market, they must be pretty sure the recreational laws are going to remain the same for a long time to come. The people in opposition to this will have to admit to themselves how big of a boost this is to the Thai economy.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Girls, Weed & Music!!!! Cloud 9

Post by phuketrichard »

I disagree>
speaking with a lady at a big dispensary the other day, she told me that there is ONLY the 7 % vat being charged .
The incentive of how much money will be made will bring them around a bit but they dont want Thailand to be like Amsterdam

Ever wonder how so much good weed was available the day after it was declassified as a narcotic?
i know a few growers ( and they were not huge grows) that have been growing for years an years ad selling to the government for medical research>

My 5 Baht worth
after elections
2 things will happen;

1.There will be a tax placed on weed ( same like currently for alcohol)
2.Recreation use ....gone...
Medical use only ( same as Ca in the beginning)

You will need a medical card issued by a Doctor ( back pain, insomnia, anxiety attacks) to purchase weed and cbd oils
As many of the larger dispensaries already have a room set up with a cot and a Dr on duty, the card will be a rubber stamp only
BUT the smaller stall type places selling will be put out of business

Even the ladies selling fruit shakes on the beach here sell joints :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

David Gordon wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:00 am Reading this thread it seems like there are a lot of pro drug people here. Way more for than against. Fair assessment?
Hell yea I'm about to shoot up some weed in my neck right now!
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic