Are you looking for work

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: Are you looking for work

Post by Random Dude »

David Gordon wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:42 am Can you help out @abcdeteacherKOW please. He needs a job or he’s gonna die.
He can't be hired in Cambodia, the HR dept in every school is secretly run by ex-US police who are out to get abcteacher because he snitched on a copper who got fired.

Or so the story goes.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

How do you teach Science with no lesson plans?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:26 pm How do you teach Science with no lesson plans?
Image + Image
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:37 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:26 pm How do you teach Science with no lesson plans?
Image + Image
work is for people who cant find truffles
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

David Gordon wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:42 am Can you help out @abcdeteacherKOW please. He needs a job or he’s gonna die.
Yes, and He only has until the 1st April. :popcorn:
Hello, calling abcjungleteacher, come in please, over :Bravo:
:dark1:
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Darkcel wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:19 pm So any alcoholic backpacker can come in and teach away? Wowie, what fine establishment.
Yes, no segregation.
Boredom is like a shroud
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Darkcel wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:19 pm So any alcoholic backpacker can come in and teach away? Wowie, what fine establishment.
I'm not a teacher or a student, but for some reason I have the feeling that this is not unusual (drunk or druggie backpackers working in schools), and that a lot of schools in Cambodia take on native english speakers as English teachers without qualifications.

I can give you a different perspective on this - when I was young and stupid, 19-20yo, I worked as an "English teacher" in Europe and SEA. This was a long time ago, but my point is that I didn't think twice about applying for a job that I was not qualified for, and they hired me !
Holy fk, I wouldn't even hire myself as a teacher today, let alone at the age of 19 with no qualifications.

So what I'm trying to point out here is that you can't really blame the English teachers in Cambodia for being useless shits. The schools that employ westerners should check their candidates credentials, (and should also do a pedo-check on them), because ultimately, the schools are responsible for their staff.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

There is no way a school would hire TEFL teachers that are drunkards or drug users.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

This post is a wind up. Admin?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I am pretty sure somewhere in some province there are Scottish guys teaching english,
can you imagine if students from that town go for a job-interview to London in 10 years ??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic