Are you looking for work

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
BrianWebster
Tourist

Are you looking for work

Post by BrianWebster »

We need a lot of teachers for our rapidly growing IEP program.

-Minimum requirements for applicants-
- TEFL
- Strong command of English

-Teaching conditions, Schedule, Salary, Etc.-

- Beginner friendly “ya, that kind of easy”
- Great for anyone who needs a break from being over worked
- You have time to actually teach something
- More time to get to know your students
- All materials are provided for you upon request
- Small class sizes of about 10 students, give or take
- Classes are around 3hrs, with a 30min. break and a 15min. break
- You teach only 2 grades, 1 morning and 1 afternoon
- lunch break starts around 10:45 and ends around 1:15
- Very easy going and flexible
- A lot of paid holidays and time off
- Though I think it is a good idea to plan ahead, no lesson plan is required
- A lot of extracurricular activities, most of which allow you some, “relaxed time”, supporting if needed, or taking a break if needed
- Very good Khmer co-teachers for every class
- The Khmer teacher has her scheduled class time and lessons
- 2 terms a year = 2 parent meetings a year
- much more relaxed than a lot of other programs
- You teach English and Science
- The co-teacher teaches reading and writing
- Classrooms have a computer and smart TV that is plugged into the internet

It’s pleasant and relaxed here. You almost never get bothered. You’re left alone to teach without someone constantly up your ass.
You have a schedule that is loosely follow. It’s super easy and the co-teachers are very knowledgeable and helpful.

I like the longer class times and more time with my students,
instead of bouncing between 8 classes a day; across 4 grades;
with someone up my ass the whole way.

I almost forgot, salary range is $1100-$1350 per month depending upon experience. This place is the easier than other schools. It’s a great places to teach.

Your best bet is to drop your CV off in person at this campus. If they’re not too busy, you might get interviewed right then.
The campus is located between IBC and the st 2004 intersection on Russia Federation blvd. Sorry, I can't seem to pin a location for you on this forum or upload a map.
It is a Sovanna Phumi campus, but this is a new program with a more streamlined, smaller group setting.
Telegram-
I will send you a proper map and further contact imformation through telegram.
Telegram # +855 695 236 15
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Are you looking for work

Post by IraHayes »

Read this while having a 5 min break while power washing so if this school and thread isnt eviscerated before i get back to it i will start with this.

Brian. You are not a teacher and this school should be ashamed to charge money for their courses.

Brb after i get cleaned up to break down my reasons why from the OP.
Freebirdzz
Expatriate

Post by Freebirdzz »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:47 pm Read this while having a 5 min break while power washing so if this school and thread isnt eviscerated before i get back to it i will start with this.

Brian. You are not a teacher and this school should be ashamed to charge money for their courses.

What? What's the problem???
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Freebirdzz wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:18 pm
IraHayes wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:47 pm Read this while having a 5 min break while power washing so if this school and thread isnt eviscerated before i get back to it i will start with this.

Where to begin indeed.

Let's start at the beginning. A very good place to start.
Beginner friendly “ya, that kind of easy”
As always it is the choice of words that give us a hint or allow us to "read between the lines", so to speak. Here you used "beginner friendly", which infers no experience required, possibly other than a white body and a pulse. You ended that sentence implying anyone, with a pulse, could do it.

as I sit here going through the OP I realized I will be quoting almost half the bullet points so I'll just generalize the predominant issues.

You have failed to highlight the qualifications, skills, and dedication required to be an effective teacher. Instead, you have focused on the easy and relaxed nature of the teaching position, which will attract candidates who are not genuinely passionate about teaching or committed to student success.
Then there's the minimum requirements for applicants - TEFL and a strong command of English - are not sufficient for ensuring the quality of education provided to students. The advertisement does not mention any requirement for teaching certification or prior teaching experience, which are essential for effective teaching.
Then we come to the biggest red flag of all. You emphasize the lack of supervision and structure, this will attract candidates who are not self-motivated or disciplined. The lack of lesson plan requirements is another serious issue. Suitable candidates are often asked to give a demo lesson where they submit a lesson plan and teach the lesson. Even if the school does not require a written lesson plan for the teachers on a day-to-day basis, having a candidate prepare one for the lesson they teach is vital so that the person interviewing them can see they understand how to structure a lesson.

Overall, your post will attract candidates who are looking for an easy and relaxed teaching job, but it fails to highlight the essential skills and qualifications required for effective teaching and student success and thus the parents of the students who end up in this teachers class will not receive the education they are paying for.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:26 pm
Freebirdzz wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:18 pm

Where to begin indeed.

Let's start at the beginning. A very good place to start.
Beginner friendly “ya, that kind of easy”
As always it is the choice of words that give us a hint or allow us to "read between the lines", so to speak. Here you used "beginner friendly", which infers no experience required, possibly other than a white body and a pulse. You ended that sentence implying anyone, with a pulse, could do it.

as I sit here going through the OP I realized I will be quoting almost half the bullet points so I'll just generalize the predominant issues.

You have failed to highlight the qualifications, skills, and dedication required to be an effective teacher. Instead, you have focused on the easy and relaxed nature of the teaching position, which will attract candidates who are not genuinely passionate about teaching or committed to student success.
Then there's the minimum requirements for applicants - TEFL and a strong command of English - are not sufficient for ensuring the quality of education provided to students. The advertisement does not mention any requirement for teaching certification or prior teaching experience, which are essential for effective teaching.
Then we come to the biggest red flag of all. You emphasize the lack of supervision and structure, this will attract candidates who are not self-motivated or disciplined. The lack of lesson plan requirements is another serious issue. Suitable candidates are often asked to give a demo lesson where they submit a lesson plan and teach the lesson. Even if the school does not require a written lesson plan for the teachers on a day-to-day basis, having a candidate prepare one for the lesson they teach is vital so that the person interviewing them can see they understand how to structure a lesson.

Overall, your post will attract candidates who are looking for an easy and relaxed teaching job, but it fails to highlight the essential skills and qualifications required for effective teaching and student success and thus the parents of the students who end up in this teachers class will not receive the education they are paying for.
Damn man who cares. A job is a job. A means to an end. On the other hand its refreshing to hear such honesty but I do agree it may attract unwanted applicants.
Not every school is Harvard. Not every teacher is as passionate as your implying. You are not the gatekeeper of Teachers or schools-- Your response makes me feel like this is something your passionate about.

I agree people may not want their child in a school that is run this way but it is what it is.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

So any alcoholic backpacker can come in and teach away? Wowie, what fine establishment.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Darkcel wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:19 pm So any alcoholic backpacker can come in and teach away? Wowie, what fine establishment.
Many of them are teaching already. So long you"re white NES, you good.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I know very little about teaching and nothing about the recruitment protocols, but it took me less than 10 seconds to conclude this was not the way to recruit good teachers.

By the end it became a joke:

It’s pleasant and relaxed here. You almost never get bothered. You’re left alone to teach without someone constantly up your ass.
You have a schedule that is loosely follow. It’s super easy and the co-teachers are very knowledgeable and helpful.[Sounds like they are the real teachers]

I like the longer class times and more time with my students,
instead of bouncing between 8 classes a day; across 4 grades;
with someone up my ass the whole way.

How classy.

If the parents see this advert the OP might find his new people "up his ass".
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Can you help out @abcdeteacherKOW please. He needs a job or he’s gonna die.
Stay classy na
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

David Gordon wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:42 am Can you help out @abcdeteacherKOW please. He needs a job or he’s gonna die.
Yes, and He only has until the 1st April. :popcorn:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic