Digital technology essential for economic growth in Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Digital technology essential for economic growth in Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I doubt that was their decision.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:26 am I doubt that was their decision.
I've given it some thought and I have the feeling they're going to use the 'army of teachers' to fill up the venues when there's not enough people watching the game(s) and that's why the schools have to be closed. This edition of SEA games has to be a success, not matter what, at least in its' appearance on TV.

Will ask around if teachers will be called to Phnom Penh for 'free attendance of the games'.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

It doesn't really matter, does it? If there's a higher power overruling (SEA Games PR committee?) the great plans which MOEYS makes the effect is the same.
I don't feel the urge of MOEYS to seriously improve education to be honest. There have been plans for decades, and every school now has a ramp for a wheelchair, but progress is just terribly slow. I know the ministry has probably never been run better then it is run now, but still......
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I agree it was a stupid decision. Maybe they are just too busy with sports to do any education for a few weeks?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:46 am
I've given it some thought and I have the feeling they're going to use the 'army of teachers' to fill up the venues when there's not enough people watching the game(s) and that's why the schools have to be closed. This edition of SEA games has to be a success, not matter what, at least in its' appearance on TV.

Will ask around if teachers will be called to Phnom Penh for 'free attendance of the games'.
Also thought about it a bit more overnight and tend to agree - the only way to fill the venues is to have kids filling it up under compulsion along with teachers. Nobody else I know will be going or seems to care about the SEA Games at all.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Spigzy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:20 am

Also thought about it a bit more overnight and tend to agree - the only way to fill the venues is to have kids filling it up under compulsion along with teachers. Nobody else I know will be going or seems to care about the SEA Games at all.
MOEYS has admitted one of the reasons for the closure is to offer the students the opportunity to visit (Khmer word used ចូលរួម: attend / participate in) the SEA games in a new declaration given out yesterday evening. A teacher just showed it to me. I guess they're short of volunteers and spectators.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:41 am
Spigzy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:20 am

MOEYS has admitted one of the reasons for the closure is to offer the students the opportunity to visit (Khmer word used ចូលរួម: attend / participate in) the SEA games in a new declaration given out yesterday evening. A teacher just showed it to me. I guess they're short of volunteers and spectators.
Why could they not organise trips to the games during school time (aka field trips) instead of closing for a month?

If that's the reason they are giving, it's either ridiculous or disingenuous
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic