Café Wine O'clock (delivery)

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
newsgatherer
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Café Wine O'clock (delivery)

Post by newsgatherer »

You need a proper kitchen to make a nice sandwich, imho.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

truffledog wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:01 am
I agree about 2 and 3. But its not hard to make a good sandwich even in a hotel room.
Sure, but I need to find good bread, good ham, cheese, pickles, jalapeños, butter, mustard, etc. Probably would cost me considerably more in time and money.

And the tiny minibar fridge needs to keep the beers cold ;-)
Last edited by hanno on Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

MDB wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:45 pm
I apologise. I had no idea you were stuck living in a hotel room. That must be hell on Earth.
I feel for you.
You really seem to have a beef with me even though I do not think that we have ever met. But hey, whatever rocks your boat.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

hanno wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:54 pm
I agree about 2 and 3. But its not hard to make a good sandwich even in a hotel room.
Sure, but I need to find good bread, good ham, cheese, pickles, jalapeños, butter, mustard, etc. Probably would cost me considerably more in time and money.

The thing often conveniently forgotten by people who wish not to do much thinking about things outside their own familiar surroundings. It’s not just making the sandwich, it’s having and storing the ingredients, and sundry other stuff. I spend a lot of time in hotels, and very rarely are they equipped for anything other than tourist type visitors. Even business oriented hotels.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

When you get your apartment, you should look in Veggy's on street 240. Despite the name, it has little to do with vegetables, although they do sell a few. It has an excellent selection of pickles and other jarred condiments, dried wild mushrooms and much more. They also have a good bread selection. It also has an excellent selection of meats - beef, lamb, wagyu steak, salmon and foie gras by the kilo, plus a wonderful selection of cheeses in small portion size.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/VeG ... 04.9292225
chriz_PP
Expatriate
China

Post by chriz_PP »

verdebandit
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by verdebandit »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:22 pm

When you get your apartment, you should look in Veggy's on street 240. Despite the name, it has little to do with vegetables, although they do sell a few. It has an excellent selection of pickles and other jarred condiments, dried wild mushrooms and much more. They also have a good bread selection. It also has an excellent selection of meats - beef, lamb, wagyu steak, salmon and foie gras by the kilo, plus a wonderful selection of cheeses in small portion size.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/VeG ... 04.9292225
Veggy's is great. You pay for the quality and selection but it's worth it when you really need to scratch the itch for something you can't find anywhere else.
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

MDB wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:28 pm I am a big fan of Paul's place and consider him to be a friend.
I doubt even he, over the dozen beers each we could imbibe discussing the matter, could insist that $100 of ingredients went into a $10 sandwich.
They don't sell ingredients for one sandwich, you have to buy the whole jar/pack.

Buying 10 ingredients, especially when exotic items are included is costly. Pommery mustard, deli meats, pickles, etc. decent bread even.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I'd kill for a loaf of gluten free bread.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic