Book publishing/printing in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
DLsea
Expatriate
South Africa

Book publishing/printing in Cambodia

Post by DLsea »

I'm looking into producing a non-fiction book/booklet in English with lots of photos. Size A5 (or closest), +/- 120 pages with an initial run of 5,000-10,000 copies envisaged. Ideally, the printing company or publisher would do the layout.

Can anyone recommend any reliable/good companies in Phnom Penh (or Siem Reap?), and/or, recommend any companies to avoid?
violet
Expatriate

Re: Book publishing/printing in Cambodia

Post by violet »

Bumping this because there are published authors out there who might be able to help
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
DLsea
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by DLsea »

violet wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:06 am Bumping this because there are published authors out there who might be able to help
Thank you :thumb:
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

DLsea wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:21 pm I'm looking into producing a non-fiction book/booklet in English with lots of photos. Size A5 (or closest), +/- 120 pages with an initial run of 5,000-10,000 copies envisaged. Ideally, the printing company or publisher would do the layout.

Can anyone recommend any reliable/good companies in Phnom Penh (or Siem Reap?), and/or, recommend any companies to avoid?
Why Cambodia? Cambodia is not a huge book reading country, only in the last few years did I see more and more books published but when my wife read them it turns out they are translations of cheaply produced writing.

If you just want photocopied material that may be possible with paperback binding.

You might consider south asia instead.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I've had a book printed here, as have other friends.
I can get the details of our printer, if you still need them.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
DLsea
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by DLsea »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:29 am I've had a book printed here, as have other friends.
Would appreciate that.
Apologies for taking so long to reply to your kind offer - got sidetracked and forgot to check for replies.
DLsea
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by DLsea »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:46 pm
DLsea wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:21 pm I'm looking into producing a non-fiction book/booklet in English with lots of photos. Size A5 (or closest), +/- 120 pages with an initial run of 5,000-10,000 copies envisaged. Ideally, the printing company or publisher would do the layout.

Why Cambodia? Cambodia is not a huge book reading country, only in the last few years did I see more and more books published but when my wife read them it turns out they are translations of cheaply produced writing.

If you just want photocopied material that may be possible with paperback binding.

I am aiming at the tourist market, and ultimately, a product in 3-5 languages (including Khmer).
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

DLsea wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:00 am
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:29 am I've had a book printed here, as have other friends.
Would appreciate that.
Apologies for taking so long to reply to your kind offer - got sidetracked and forgot to check for replies.
I've requested their details from my contact, hopefully I can get them to you soon. I was very happy with my finished product.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

DLsea wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:05 am
daeum_tnaot wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:46 pm

I am aiming at the tourist market, and ultimately, a product in 3-5 languages (including Khmer).
So you're looking to produce a book for Khmer tourists?

If you're looking to publish in the Khmer language, you don't necessarily need to produce the book in Cambodia. You need a good translator or writer in Khmer. That could also be challenging, and you need a way to check the translation work.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic