Succumming into the narative of Active Division = The Fall of the West

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Phnom Krom
Expatriate
Cambodia

Succumming into the narative of Active Division = The Fall of the West

Post by Phnom Krom »

I grew up in a happy land and time not overtly controlled by so few.

How did we allow a few to control all media and pound division into all aspects of society with the sole goal for us to eat our own from within?

You fucking Trumptards...you fucking Libtards...you ALL ARE MORONS. WTF happenned in just a generation? Why am I or you outcasted by our opinions? The vast of us are centrist, yet both extremist if not terrrorist sides are winning in pulling it all apart.

I am losing / have lost faith in most all tards. At least Cambodia can hide behind Pol Pot for killing anyone with a brain. What is/are so many of you(r) excuses for following the sheep of CNN or FOX or Soros or Murdoch or Gates or Fauci or Netanyahoo or....and attacking anyone who does't agree with your brainwashed side? Can't you think for yourself?

Rodney King was a stud...why cant we all get along?
violet
Expatriate

Re: Succumming into the narative of Active Division = The Fall of the West

Post by violet »

I can relate to your despair

(Succumbing)
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Phnom Krom wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:02 pm I grew up in a happy land and time not overtly controlled by so few.

How did we allow a few to control all media and pound division into all aspects of society with the sole goal for us to eat our own from within?

You fucking Trumptards...you fucking Libtards...you ALL ARE MORONS. WTF happenned in just a generation? Why am I or you outcasted by our opinions? The vast of us are centrist, yet both extremist if not terrrorist sides are winning in pulling it all apart.

I am losing / have lost faith in most all tards. At least Cambodia can hide behind Pol Pot for killing anyone with a brain. What is/are so many of you(r) excuses for following the sheep of CNN or FOX or Soros or Murdoch or Gates or Fauci or Netanyahoo or....and attacking anyone who does't agree with your brainwashed side? Can't you think for yourself?

Rodney King was a stud...why cant we all get along?
The answer is no doubt complicated and would need experts in disciplines such as anthropology and psychology to get together to figure it out.

Here's my worthless 2 cents though. Social media and the internet in general plays a big part in it. The algorithms send us what we want to hear, facebook and twitter gets us outraged and fearful of the enemy on the other side of the world they assure us is coming for us. But it's also really good for keeping in touch with your friends and has some gnarly games too so it has us hooked. And when you're hooked on something you're ripe for exploitation.

As to why we can't get along... that's nothing new, we never have. There has always been tribal hatred, rascism, people hating on the gays, the Jews, the hippies, anyone from a culture or religion, or subculture we don't belong to. Anyone who asks why can't we just accept each other's differences and get along gets attacked for it.
Phnom Krom
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Krom »

Free thinking. Freedom. My allure to be here.

Thank you Violet and RD.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Ooooooorrrr you could just not give a shit? You act like Trump personally murdered your family and the liberals loaded the Ammo.

Sounds like you've worked minium wage jobs your whole life and your world got a lot harder due to that, chin up buddy.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Australia has a media monopoly and the place is fucked
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

willyhilly wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:15 pm Earth has a media monopoly and the place is fucked
FTFY
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic