Phnom Penh to Siem Reap - How long?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Phnom Penh to Siem Reap - How long?

Post by Doc67 »

What's the journey time from PP to SR by road ( :bad: ) and what are the options?

Does anyone want to guess how much a flight is??
Spoiler:
About $300 this week.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Re: Phnom Penh to Siem Reap - How long?

Post by rogerrabbit »

5,5-6 hours by car. Bus/van takes hour more.

Bus $13-$15 and private taxi $80-$90. camboticket.com to book bus or private taxi. If taking bus/van, then Larryta would my choice.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

:facepalm: On a lark, checked BKK to REP return on Bangkok Airways, March 30/April 7. Almost the same fare as PNH to REP, over US$300/9,000 baht!!! -- almost double what I paid BKK to SGN return on VN Air in Feb/March.

Air Asia is 5220 THB return, DMK/REP, which includes 1400 THB extra charge for 20kg of luggage.

At some point this year, I might do this trip.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I took EMS-bus pre-covid, they are from cambodian post-service, leaving from post-office in PP and arrive at post office in SR, but Larryta is also nice company, i took them from SHV in january. its now 26 $ return (SR), if you count the time to go to airport, check in, wait, fly, check out, take luggage and go to hotel, all together you win maybe 2 hours, return thats 4 h and save 274$, thats 68.50$ an hour, thats worth it in my eyes, no ?? And safety, never had real issues with them, they drive pretty "normal" for cambodian standards. Probably they never had big accidents !! ??
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Giant Ibis big bus is good.
JReb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JReb »

I suggest using Seila Angkor...$12.50us. leave about ever hour..PP-SR...SR-PP...used them many times.. Giant Ibis is a few blocks from my place..bigger coaches..I prefer Seila Angkor on National 6..
Gets you to PP close to Riverside...or gets you to SR on National 6 close to everything..
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

I'm surprised to hear it still takes up to 6hrs by road, I thought the road had been considerable improved in the last 10 years or so

Booking flights last minute is nearly always expensive, check flight prices 6 months in advance to see what flights normally cost
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

The road was in perfect condition pre-covid, the problem is more the trafic then the road i would say, i did it once by car driving myself and speeding in 4.30h in 2017 but thats not safe at all. In 2019 i did it wit EMS-post service, and they said 5 hours, including a quick brake at Aranrea-hotel in Kampong Tom, and they were on time . . .
Ooh, yes, i came with Larrytta from SHV in january, and you can always ask the driver to drop you any place on the road if thats easier then go to their offices on 47th north from Wat Phnom !!
Drizzle
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Drizzle »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:11 pm What's the journey time from PP to SR by road ( :bad: ) and what are the options?

Does anyone want to guess how much a flight is??
Spoiler:
About $300 this week.
Walk it
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

You do have to factor in the obligatory rest stop for NamBai.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic