Taxi - PP to Koh Kong

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Taxi - PP to Koh Kong

Post by armchairlawyer »

Where in PP do taxis (shared and private) to KK depart from? I'm guessing the same place as those to Sihanoukville, i.e. NW corner of the new market?
And prices?
Bulegila
Tourist

Re: Taxi - PP to Koh Kong

Post by Bulegila »

I have been paying $80 the last 2 times recently. If you need a pH # pm me
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

posted on FB Kampot group march 11th

Good morning everyone. I would like to share with you guys my experience of taking a taxi from Kampot to Koh Kong border. The drive to the border took 4 hours and 50 minutes with three breaks. First we hired a porter who transported our luggage to Thailand for 100 baht. That was very good service. We didn't have to carry our luggage. It also works very well for emigration. They were very friendly. One of the immigration employees even spoke some German. In about 30 minutes we had crossed the border and were in Thailand. And we also got the 45 days visa for Thailand. This is our personal experience with the border. And greetings from Koh Chang.
We paid $110 for a taxi from Kampot to Koh Kong border. and that is justified.

pp- kk google maps says 282 kh 4.37

Kampot- KK 229 km same time :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:45 pm posted on FB Kampot group march 11th

Good morning everyone. I would like to share with you guys my experience of taking a taxi from Kampot to Koh Kong border. The drive to the border took 4 hours and 50 minutes with three breaks. First we hired a porter who transported our luggage to Thailand for 100 baht. That was very good service. We didn't have to carry our luggage. It also works very well for emigration. They were very friendly. One of the immigration employees even spoke some German. In about 30 minutes we had crossed the border and were in Thailand. And we also got the 45 days visa for Thailand. This is our personal experience with the border. And greetings from Koh Chang.
We paid $110 for a taxi from Kampot to Koh Kong border. and that is justified.

pp- kk google maps says 282 kh 4.37

Kampot- KK 229 km same time :-)
I did this trip last week from KK to Kampot. 1,200 baht which is around $35. There were 3 passengers so $110/3 =$37 apiece roughly. I thought it was pretty good value as a tuk tuk from the border to the city of Koh Kong is $5. The road from Koh Kong to route 4 is being widened to 4 lanes and is a real mess. Interesting trip.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

It might be maybe a little of topic, but why would you pay +100 dollar to do a visa run in Koh Kong if you can fly cheaper to BKK to do the visa run ?? I am planning to do something similar at the end of the year also !! Just curious if i would be missing some info ??
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

Where does it say it was a visa run? Sounds like he just headed to Thailand. We don't know he is coming right back. Given he mentions the 45 day visa free in Thailand sounds more like he is staying there.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

You are right, but even if he goes to Pattaya, its the same question, you will be cheaper and quicker there by air. Between the border and Pattaya i dont see a reason to go there, some people say they like Koh Chang, no idea, in my eyes about everywhere in the world islands are hidden turist-traps. Maybe there is a special reason togo by land ??
I did also because i drove my car, but thats an other verry longueeee historyyyy !!
ash333
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ash333 »

The cost of a taxi can be shared with others going the same way.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Bongmab69 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:16 pm You are right, but even if he goes to Pattaya, its the same question, you will be cheaper and quicker there by air. Between the border and Pattaya i dont see a reason to go there, some people say they like Koh Chang, no idea, in my eyes about everywhere in the world islands are hidden turist-traps. Maybe there is a special reason togo by land ??
I did also because i drove my car, but thats an other verry longueeee historyyyy !!
You are in no position to question a man's road trip to Thailand. At least he won't need bodyguards as you did in Pakistan!! :D
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I didnt need bodyguards, in Pakistan,
i was theirs . . .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic