Non-collateral small loan provider

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Non-collateral small loan provider

Post by Ghostwriter »

Bluenose wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:07 pm You moved to a new job in a new country without $1000 in available cash reserves?
My first job at 18 was so, and i went to Cambodia without job and only 300$, but i had a friend in town.
So, yeah it's not a rare thing
gentlesandah
Tourist
Myanmar

Post by gentlesandah »

Bluenose wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:07 pm You moved to a new job in a new country without $1000 in available cash reserves?
One year ago I stayed in Cambodia with only 200 USD for 10 days.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

gentlesandah wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:19 pm
How is that working out for your current situation?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

gentlesandah wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:22 pm Are there businesses which offer loans of less than 1000USD for short periods for expats who recently arrived in Phnom Penh?

I arrived in Cambodia two weeks ago. When I was preparing to come here, I was planned to stay at the type of accommodation where locals stay. My company arranged for me and a colleague at a nearby apartment. However, my colleague was sacked by the company and the apartment is asking for charges which I did not foresee. I have paid all the money that I have but it looks as if I need about 500USD which I can pay back in installments of three months. I earn a 1000+ salary and have the employment contract and staff ID. The company is currently applying for a six month business visa and a work permit. If there is any business I can contact please let me know.

I am also open to informal creditors. I can produce all the necessary documents if needed.
Find a guesthouse that charges $5 per night, pay at end of the month. Handover passport if security is required

free picture upload

Literal DOZENS of high quality options - or rent a factory workers room for $50 a month, paid in advance.

This is a non issue, you'll be fine
JReb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JReb »

Documents? You need collateral son. Even a bar girl pawns her phone and goes back to her flip up in hard times...I agree with post...Just move..
Unless, your job got you hooked up with some affiliated bunch..
Learn from this..you cannot survive here if you are broke after 2 weeks..I guess I did shit like that back in the 70s? I would have a return ticket and go home.
Best of luck...
gentlesandah
Tourist
Myanmar

Post by gentlesandah »

Kenr wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:28 pm
gentlesandah wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:19 pm
How is that working out for your current situation?

I think my biggest mistake this time was choosing the accommodation that the company recommended and renting a room with a colleague who got fired. Otherwise, 200 USD for 45 days should do fine.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Was it your electricity bill that was unexpected? Anyhow you have a landlord and an employer - both should try to work with you. Ask for them to help you. Have you been able to work it out?
Stay classy na
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

I'll spot you 500, need your passport and a guarantee it'll be paid back within a month. 10% weekly interest after due date, 50% after a month.
gentlesandah
Tourist
Myanmar

Post by gentlesandah »

Darkcel wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:07 pm I'll spot you 500, need your passport and a guarantee it'll be paid back within a month. 10% weekly interest after due date, 50% after a month.
Thank you but my employer is keeping my passport.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

gentlesandah wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:24 pm
Darkcel wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:07 pm I'll spot you 500, need your passport and a guarantee it'll be paid back within a month. 10% weekly interest after due date, 50% after a month.
Thank you but my employer is keeping my passport.
That's illegal...

You sure sound as though you have been borderline trafficked here

Extorted on rent, extorted on bills, underpaid, passport being held by shady employer who probably threatened consequence if you leave employment etc

Sandah... From Indonesia or Malaysia per chance?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic