Looking for CNC Machining Jobs in Cambodia

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
TMR
Tourist
Turkey

Looking for CNC Machining Jobs in Cambodia

Post by TMR »

Hi,

i am an experienced 3d designer and programmer for cnc milling (CAD/CAM). i am willing to live in Cambodia, however, i am not sure if i can find any jobs there. i searched in some global job websites but could not find a single job related to cad/cam. is there any chance?

thank you.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Looking for CNC Machining Jobs in Cambodia

Post by StroppyChops »

TMR wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:17 am Hi,

i am an experienced 3d designer and programmer for cnc milling (CAD/CAM). i am willing to live in Cambodia, however, i am not sure if i can find any jobs there. i searched in some global job websites but could not find a single job related to cad/cam. is there any chance?

thank you.
In my experience there are very few CNC and related positions in Cambodia (apart from cutting acrylic letters for signage) and I'm only aware of a few companies with machines in Phnom Penh - which are overstocked with nationals who are both experienced and much cheaper to employ than foreigners. Hope that helps, sorry it's not what you want to hear.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Very slim indeed finding a related job. More likely to find this searching Khmer Golden Pages...
Unless you can make something like this
or this
there might be a market
pebbles&nightsky
TMR
Tourist
Turkey

Post by TMR »

thank you for the replies. i see no future there with my cv. i wish i had experience with turism related things. i have been in Thailand and Cambodia for holiday purposes. would like to live somewhere like those. i will keep searching for different opportunities.

i'm new here in the forum. trying to read as much as i can to realize things better.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I'd say that your skills could be in demand here, but that the average forum poster is quite far removed from industrial work.

We use CAD/CAM at my own workplace, for example as well as conventional milling and lathe setups.

You would be best applying to large companies here with a resume, good covering letter, picture, copies of certificates and recommendations etc.

You'd probably be considered as a potential trainer/vocational workshop guy rather than as an operator, but could also earn carrying out maintenance tasks/equipment setup.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:17 pm I'd say that your skills could be in demand here, but that the average forum poster is quite far removed from industrial work.
Quite right, apart from when the average forum poster has put a lot of effort into trying to source CNC work that isn't signage related.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
ktmgary
Tourist
United States of America

Post by ktmgary »

Gentlemen, I stumbled across these posts about CNC manufacturing in Cambodia. I currently have aluminum parts manufactured in China and Taiwan, but would like to move some of the business to Cambodia. Does anyone know of any production machine shops/factories? Is there any website to find Cambodian manufacturers? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!
schea10
Tourist
United States of America

Post by schea10 »

Currently, i open small shop with a cnc mill North Carolina, United state. I am not sure what kind of part and what is the size of the production that you want make. With the right opportunity, I would love to move back to the home land, cambodia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic