American shouting in street

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Re: American shouting in street

Post by bong.kuit »

As if being a henchman for the most belligerent country in the last centuries is somehow honorable. :facepalm:
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

bong.kuit wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:24 am As if being a henchman for the most belligerent country in the last centuries is somehow honorable. :facepalm:
Possibly. But the men and women who have served have no control of where they go and what they have to do. That’s for the politicians to decide on how they fuck things up.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Honolulu wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:33 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:51 am He's been around Cambodia for a few years, USMC Veteran.
I can't let this stand. This guy is NOT a former Marine or any former American military for that matter. He would be an INSULT to The Corp. I can tell at a glance. He likely grew up around a base town, say San Diego or Oceanside and learned the lingo from HUSTLING Marines..even his DAD wasn't a Marine. I'M a Former Marine, 94-98, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marines, Golf. Logistics.
I respect your whole 4 years service as a Marine POG, and you are absolutely right....Military veterans, especially Marines, would never change their behaviour after they discharge, they strictly maintain the same ethos, values, discipline, pride, appearance and bearing of dress that was beasted into them during their service, they don't go and cover their bodies and faces in tattoos, they don't scream and shout in the street, they don't act like wannabe gangsters, and they certainly don't use drugs (no idea if the guy pictured uses drugs).

OORAH!

Honolulu wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:33 am P.S. The guy walking and the fkng stooge with the stupid wings are NOT the same.
They are the same person
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

Sure, but why on earth would one become a soldier, then?

A narrative of heroism, of defending freedom and your country somewhere thousands of miles away, is needed. That's how you get soldiers plus all these "thank you for your service!"-troglodytes.
Honolulu
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Honolulu »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:06 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:51 am He's been around Cambodia for a few years, USMC Veteran.
I can't let this stand. This guy is NOT a former Marine or any former American military for that matter. He would be an INSULT to The Corp. I can tell at a glance. He likely grew up around a base town, say San Diego or Oceanside and learned the lingo from HUSTLING Marines..even his DAD wasn't a Marine. I'M a Former Marine, 94-98, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marines, Golf. Logistics.
I respect your whole 4 years service as a Marine POG, and you are absolutely right....Military veterans, especially Marines, would never change their behaviour after they discharge, they strictly maintain the same ethos, values, discipline, pride, appearance and bearing of dress that was beasted into them during their service, they don't go and cover their bodies and faces in tattoos, they don't scream and shout in the street, they don't act like wannabe gangsters, and they certainly don't use drugs (no idea if the guy pictured uses drugs).

OORAH!

Honolulu wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:33 am P.S. The guy walking and the fkng stooge with the stupid wings are NOT the same.
They are the same person
NOT the same. Look at the ink and physique.

A recruiter would never take an ms13 wannabee. A former marine would never discharge and go full ms13. beard yes.
There is a certain bearing people have even as an alcoholic.

(My bad. He's got the same stupid 1984 tat. He looks like a philosophy major from behind. The way he walks, the man purse.. The chubby face, the conniving eyes, the gay shoes. The guys not a fkng Marine).
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Honolulu wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:25 am NOT the same. Look at the ink and physique.
You're not very observant are you...the person pictured in the OP is the same guy posted in subsequent pictures, yes his physique and hair style have changed, but it IS the same guy
Honolulu wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:33 am A recruiter would never take an ms13 wannabee. A former marine would never discharge and go full ms13. beard yes.
You are right...someone with all those tatts on his head and face and neck and hands would never have been recruited (into the US armed forces), nothing stopping someone getting them after being discharged though. If you believe that ALL Veterans maintain the same standards and lifestyle that was indoctrinated into them whilst in the military, then you have your blinkers on.
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Honolulu
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Honolulu »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:38 am
Honolulu wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:25 am NOT the same. Look at the ink and physique.
You're not very observant are you...the person pictured in the OP is the same guy posted in subsequent pictures, yes his physique and hair style have changed, but it IS the same guy
Honolulu wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:33 am A recruiter would never take an ms13 wannabee. A former marine would never discharge and go full ms13. beard yes.
You are right...someone with all those tatts on his head and face and neck and hands would never have been recruited (into the US armed forces), nothing stopping someone getting them after being discharged though. If you believe that ALL Veterans maintain the same standards and lifestyle that was indoctrinated into them whilst in the military, then you have your blinkers on.
The military, does not, recruit, gangbangers from straight up prisons. That is a Hollywood fallacy. The staff sergeant doesn't go down the line with a bunch of guys in their blues and come across post fkng malone and act like everything is cool. I swear on my mother's grave that useless stubbly cunt is not a fkng marine!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Honolulu wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:46 am
The military, does not, recruit, gangbangers from straight up prisons. That is a Hollywood fallacy. The staff sergeant doesn't go down the line with a bunch of guys in their blues and come across post fkng malone and act like everything is cool. I swear on my mother's grave that useless stubbly cunt is not a fkng marine!
Oh FFS! Not only are your observation skills severely lacking, but so is your reading comprehension. Did you even read what I wrote???

I could be wrong about him being a USMC vet, quite possibly he was Army, and I may have remembered wrongly, but he is a US Military Infantry Veteran, and my points about people changing after discharging stands. I have worked with many US military vets, including Marines, over the last decade ++ in the Middle East & South Asia, and believe me, many of them change drastically once they become civvies, one USMC Veteran I became very good friends with has a face full of tattoos now, and has unfortunately ended up in prison for gang related crimes, he was very clean cut and tat free when I worked with him in Afghanistan.
Honolulu
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Honolulu »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:54 am
Honolulu wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:46 am
Oh FFS! Not only are your observation skills severely lacking, but so is your reading comprehension. Did you even read what I wrote???

I could be wrong about him being a USMC vet, quite possibly he was Army, and I may have remembered wrongly, but he is a US Military Infantry Veteran, and my points about people changing after discharging stands. I have worked with many US military vets, including Marines, over the last decade ++ in the Middle East & South Asia, and believe me, many of them change drastically once they become civis, one USMC Veteran I became very good friends with has a face full of tattoos now, and has unfortunately ended up in prison for gang related crimes, he was very clean cut and tat free when I worked with him in Afghanistan.
I really can't stand the gaslighting when it comes to responses. I'm not one of yours or anyone else's student on here to be berated and condescended. I owe no one here nothing. I've explained all I'm going to. You have worked with vets, but are not one, fair enough. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, despite the sarcasm.
Your prison friend, if he actually exists, is an exception.
Exceptional expats are not what Cambodia is made of.

So in the streets everyone takes everyone at face value here right? Or is it only on this website?..Or is it the other way around?
The Hustler, and The Mark. De rigeur here.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

P.S. The guy walking and the fkng stooge with the stupid wings are NOT the same.
Well they seem to have the same tattoos - (1984) on the back of the right arm, and what looks like an inkblot on the back of the head...

And I second what PSD-Kiwi said about military guys after they leave. I've known/ know quite a few ex- military guys and a few of them went right to pot after leaving. They quit exercising, most were heavy drinkers, one guy would do whatever drugs he could get his hands on, and habits like shaving daily and being able to get to work on time went right out the door.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic