Anyone moved from Philippines to Cambodia or vice versa?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Demiurgi
Expatriate

Re: Anyone moved from Philippines to Cambodia or vice versa?

Post by Demiurgi »

Soi Dog wrote: You would need a time machine. If easy visas are among your prime motivations for moving, you are boarding a sinking ship, most likely. Unless you have an employer who supports your work permit application process, things might soon get a bit tricky, if the recent visa regulation enforcement articles/threads are to be believed this time.
Thanks for the warning. My plan is to have quite long sabbatical leave so hassle free long stay visa would be the requirement.

My memory might not serve me well, and it's actually topic for another tread, but I think some news mentioned that as per the new regulation one cannot stay in Cambodia over a year without work permit. I wonder if that leaves possibility for annual visa run so there's never the "over one year".
Demiurgi
Expatriate

Post by Demiurgi »

Samouth wrote:i am a local, however i have no idea what can i help you , since a lot of expats here know Cambodia better than me. Anyway,if you want to know something more about Cambodia, please ask. i will try to help. :)
Thank you Samouth, I really appreciate your offer!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

the funniest thread so far on this forum.
Demiurgi
Expatriate

Post by Demiurgi »

frank lee bent wrote:the funniest thread so far on this forum.
Then I must apology for cutting it short :)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

what a killjoy.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Soi Dog wrote:
Demiurgi wrote:It seems that Cambodia is the place to be now before it gets spoiled.
You would need a time machine. If easy visas are among your prime motivations for moving, you are boarding a sinking ship, most likely. Unless you have an employer who supports your work permit application process, things might soon get a bit tricky, if the recent visa regulation enforcement articles/threads are to be believed this time.
Soi Dog hates it here. Just note that 10 responses on here doesn't = life in Cambodia.

I have seen you get advice from a few posters on this thread who I know are very bitter toward Cambodia. Weird.

I love it here. The people are friendly. I've never been fucked over here. I've had wallets, laptop bags, money, incorrect change all held/given back to me. Lucky, sure. Great people help too. The educated women here are great, as many of us are married to one.

I feel a lot more personal freedom here in Cambodia than I did back home ( U.S.A.).

I know all too well that you are indeed a product of your environment. The expat community is VERY diverse here. Sure, the easiest route to go is the barfly scene. Just know that there are all ages and types of expats living here.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Demiurgi
Expatriate

Post by Demiurgi »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: I have seen you get advice from a few posters on this thread who I know are very bitter toward Cambodia. Weird.

I love it here. The people are friendly. I've never been fucked over here. I've had wallets, laptop bags, money, incorrect change all held/given back to me. Lucky, sure. Great people help too. The educated women here are great, as many of us are married to one.

I feel a lot more personal freedom here in Cambodia than I did back home ( U.S.A.).

I know all too well that you are indeed a product of your environment. The expat community is VERY diverse here. Sure, the easiest route to go is the barfly scene. Just know that there are all ages and types of expats living here.
Thank you Sir,

It’s nice to hear your good experiences and unless there is major changes in my personal matters and Cambodian visa regulations I will spent some time there.

Diversity of expat scene is welcomed news. I hadn't spent much time following Cambodia forums before submitting my questions but once I did I started to get feeling that I might be on minority of people who’s not into drugs. Never tried and never will even I don’t have any belief behind it.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Demiurgi wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: I have seen you get advice from a few posters on this thread who I know are very bitter toward Cambodia. Weird.

Thank you Sir,

It’s nice to hear your good experiences and unless there is major changes in my personal matters and Cambodian visa regulations I will spent some time there.

Diversity of expat scene is welcomed news. I hadn't spent much time following Cambodia forums before submitting my questions but once I did I started to get feeling that I might be on minority of people who’s not into drugs. Never tried and never will even I don’t have any belief behind it.
You should check out Phnom Penh's "Nerd Night". Just google it and see what comes up. A lot of expats there who are far removed from the typical bar scene you see in S.E. Asia.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Demiurgi
Expatriate

Post by Demiurgi »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: You should check out Phnom Penh's "Nerd Night". Just google it and see what comes up. A lot of expats there who are far removed from the typical bar scene you see in S.E. Asia.
Thanks Sir,

That should be interesting and would at least give the warm and cozy feeling of being surrounded by nerds, with whom I usually work with. I found the "some complain that all topics aren't nerdy" especially heart warming. :) Definitely have to check this out even I'm probably in between of Mr. Spock and ice users :) Thanks again!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic