Rhinoplasty

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Funflyer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Rhinoplasty

Post by Funflyer »

Grand Barong wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:34 pm
Funflyer wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:24 pm
Darkcel wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:28 am I'd personally go to Singapore or Thailand for something like that.
Thought you think there’s plenty of good plastic surgeons in Phnom Penh??

Heard of Google? Cambodia has it too, you might even be able to look up a surgeon yourself?
Yes I have heard of Google and yes I do use it. There are a lot of leads on Facebook too. However I thought the aim of this forum was for members to share news, experiences and knowledge. So I thought asking for information from other members might be helpful. I wasn’t expecting to be abused for asking for advice and information. Especially as this thread is titled Ask the Expats (Questions and answers).
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Funflyer wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:37 pm
Darkcel wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:28 am I'd personally go to Singapore or Thailand for something like that.

Heard of Google? Cambodia has it too, you might even be able to look up a surgeon yourself?
Yes I have heard of Google and yes I do use it. There are a lot of leads on Facebook too. However I thought the aim of this forum was for members to share news, experiences and knowledge. So I thought asking for information from other members might be helpful. I wasn’t expecting to be abused for asking for advice and information. Especially as this thread is titled Ask the Expats (Questions and answers).
There's no need to get so rude and precious. What did you expect? It's an obscure topic.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

What can you expect from "forumers" who met their wives in opera or library.. 8-) But funny how they know everything about the bar girls.. :please:
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Funflyer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Funflyer »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:35 pm

There's no need to get so rude and precious. What did you expect? It's an obscure topic.
I’m not being rude, merely writing what I think is the purpose of this forum and answering the question about whether I’ve heard of Google. Also, the topic is not obscure I have asked for information about places where cosmetic surgery can be done. Initially asking about places in Phnom Penh and more recently Thailand. I don’t believe that’s in any way obscure. Normally I don’t react to negative comments because it gets you nowhere but someone telling me to give up and find a better man to help my bar girl, girl friend was too difficult to ignore. This is my last post on this topic. If I want any further information I will seek it elsewhere
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Funflyer wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:06 am
John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:35 pm

I’m not being rude, merely writing what I think is the purpose of this forum and answering the question about whether I’ve heard of Google. Also, the topic is not obscure I have asked for information about places where cosmetic surgery can be done. Initially asking about places in Phnom Penh and more recently Thailand. I don’t believe that’s in any way obscure. Normally I don’t react to negative comments because it gets you nowhere but someone telling me to give up and find a better man to help my bar girl, girl friend was too difficult to ignore. This is my last post on this topic. If I want any further information I will seek it elsewhere
Place your bets, gentlemen...
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Post by Stravaiger »

Woman killed in botched cosmetic surgery
The woman died at a cosmetic surgery clinic. Nokorwat News Daily

A 41-year-old woman died immediately while undergoing a breast augmentation surgery at a cosmetic surgery clinic in Phnom Penh.

This took place at 21:30 on March 3, along Concrete Road No. 70, House No. 73B, Group 242, Sangkat Srah Chak, Khan Daun Penh.

According to local news, before the incident, the woman came to the beauty clinic to have a breast augmentation surgery. During the operation, the doctor is suspected to have used the wrong techniques, causing the victim to die immediately. The clinic owner escaped from the scene.

After the incident, the local authorities arrived and contacted the technical and forensic experts of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police to find out the cause of death.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501249330/ ... c-surgery/
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Stravaiger wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:01 pm Woman killed in botched cosmetic surgery
The woman died at a cosmetic surgery clinic. Nokorwat News Daily

A 41-year-old woman died immediately while undergoing a breast augmentation surgery at a cosmetic surgery clinic in Phnom Penh.

This took place at 21:30 on March 3, along Concrete Road No. 70, House No. 73B, Group 242, Sangkat Srah Chak, Khan Daun Penh.

According to local news, before the incident, the woman came to the beauty clinic to have a breast augmentation surgery. During the operation, the doctor is suspected to have used the wrong techniques, causing the victim to die immediately. The clinic owner escaped from the scene.

After the incident, the local authorities arrived and contacted the technical and forensic experts of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police to find out the cause of death.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501249330/ ... c-surgery/
the doctor is suspected to have used the wrong techniques, causing the victim to die immediately
The clinic owner escaped from the scene.

Never have any elective surgery in Cambodia.

Even in the highly unlikely event the doctors (both surgeon and the anesthetist) are properly qualified, things can go wrong and if they do there are no hospitals with proper emergency facilities that might save you.

I am not even sure that RPP would accept a near-death patient from a back street clinic, think. People with enough money for RPP, generally don't go to back street clinics for surgery.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Vanity, the Devil’s favorite
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic