Visa Run

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jer31244
Tourist

Visa Run

Post by jer31244 »

My visa expires on the 7th. Does anybody know if visa runs to Thailand or any other country that borders Cambodia are still allowed? About two years ago a Thai official told me that visa runs would no longer be allowed. He said that anyone entering Thailand would have to stay at least a couple weeks. But that was two years ago, so... Thanks in advance for any info. I have asked a few travel agents where I live and they do not know, which seems odd.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Visa Run

Post by Bluenose »

Two years ago there wasn't there probably two weeks quarantine both ends so nobody was going anywhere fast?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

You can enter Thailand and leave the next day if you want.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Cambodian Immigration officers at land borders are now strictly enforcing the need to have an Exit Stamp.from the neighbouring country, the days of just being able to exit Cambodia, chill in no mans land for a bit and then return are over. There are plenty of fixers at the border who you can pay to get an Exit Stamp from the neighbouring country for you though, so that you don't have to actually enter Thailand, Vietnam, Laos.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

whats the big deal? Thailand offers a FREE 45 days visa exempt stamp, so just go across , have a meal, stay a night perhaps and return . Why pay a "fixer" for something free?

There has NEVER been a requirement to stay a day or weeks in Thailand. Unless ur referring to when the quarantine requirements were in place.

I do suggest you avoid Poi pet just for the fact its usually very busy, head north to Osmach an visit Surin for the day
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

10-20 dollars more for an agent to handle it for you.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:11 am whats the big deal? Thailand offers a FREE 45 days visa exempt stamp, so just go across , have a meal, stay a night perhaps and return . Why pay a "fixer" for something free?

There has NEVER been a requirement to stay a day or weeks in Thailand. Unless ur referring to when the quarantine requirements were in place.

I do suggest you avoid Poi pet just for the fact its usually very busy, head north to Osmach an visit Surin for the day
Because for 10 bucks you don't need to exit your tuktuk or even put down your beer. Just wait 15 minutes and off you go.

Don't get me wrong I love Thailand but visa runs are best served short.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic