Recommendation for translation service

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Recommendation for translation service

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Hello all,

We are asking around for translation services for a document. It's a document from a Cambodian school. Anyone, please list off the translation services you know.

(Not sure if MFAIC would do this one since its a school document).
Drizzle
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Recommendation for translation service

Post by Drizzle »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:11 pm Hello all,

We are asking around for translation services for a document. It's a document from a Cambodian school. Anyone, please list off the translation services you know.

Chatgbt
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Drizzle wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:14 pm

Chatgbt
I don't think that will be acceptable. It will have to be put into a corresponding document format and stamped by the translation agency.

A related question I just had is if anyone knows where I can get an "official copy". Possibly MFAIC?
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Hello daeum_tnaot

Your national Embassy or Consulate General normally maintains a listing of "approved" Interpreters/Translators for their nationals requiring such services.
I suggest you contact them and see what advice they can offer you.

OML
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I reccomend Pyramid Translation. Tenner a page and very accurate. Used them dozens of time now for docs related to getting passports for my varied offspring and for land sale contracts etc
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:38 pm

I reccomend Pyramid Translation. Tenner a page and very accurate. Used them dozens of time now for docs related to getting passports for my varied offspring and for land sale contracts etc
"Tenner a page" means $10 per page? We checked them last time and we remember that it was much more expensive than other services. Do you have a contact number for them that is a 012 or 097 number?
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

First Class Solutions

Send them the document via Telegram. Pay via ABA. Pick it up later that day. Their documents are accepted by US Embassy as well.

Sent from my CPH2159 using Tapatalk

daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:38 pm
OK, now we managed to get in touch with them and they said they don't translate the document that we need translated. :chin:
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

lostjeremy wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:48 pm First Class Solutions

Send them the document via Telegram. Pay via ABA. Pick it up later that day. Their documents are accepted by US Embassy as well.

Sent from my CPH2159 using Tapatalk
OK, thanks, we contacted them and they said it would be available next Weds.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic