The Worst Travel Guide to Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: The Worst Travel Guide to Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

" burning money for your ancestors "
Hehe is Chinese culture.. :p
"A Cambodian Medical emergency"
Gonna know good and bad things in Cambodia? Interesting book!
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

but why pay for something that he gives for free on his blog?

reading some of the blog i felt i had wasted my time as he is no writer

a newbie would get all the wrong ideas about Cambodia and think he can live there for next to nothing and exist on $1 meals
and street 51 is "the RED light" area

Much better books out there
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

On St. 51 hookers:
Many do not really understand the benefits of condoms and birth control. Because of this, countless end up with illegitimate children with fathers from developed countries like England, USA, Germany and France who don’t care or sometimes don’t know about them.
I wonder where he gets this nonsense from? The blog is dreadful crap from a know-it-all backpacker.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
blockhead
Expatriate

Post by blockhead »

What's with the backpackers obsession about sex? Do people write about the Uk or Italy or Germany and seek out the palaces with sex for sale?
And st 51 is the red light area, what a fucking moron.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

On freelancing websites such as odesk and elance there are plenty of jobs daily looking for ghost writers even when the hired ones are completely clueless about the topic; then the employer just tweak it as minimal time as possible to the intended audience.

Controversy sells whether it is complete bullshit -- only a few know and many dont esp a country like Cambodia, so who cares...as long as it sells. Come to think about it, this author kind of inspired me.

I finished reading Alex Watts free ebook in less than a day; I like the author, honest in his writing. I kept on reading longing to hear more about the characters in Snooky...not much...or the Aussie dude in Saigon.... Whatever, people dont continuously follow Gordan Ramsey because of his cooking skills...it was the crazy stuff that made people hooked to.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
snookie BRO
Expatriate
Solomon Islands

Post by snookie BRO »

Aww give that guy a break!

The title tells you its a bad guide, but it's the first of it's kind if very simplistic indeed. I hope he makes a lot of money selling it.

>In the meantime, i have had a lot of fun reading from this site which truly rates as the most hilarious, where the authors rather poor use of grammer, obsession with 'ice girlies', and philosophy has made the various topics that he comments on extremely interesting reading indeed!

Try this topic for starters!

http://www.cambodia-entertainment.com/c ... lphin.html
Rider of the storm.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I agree! Sounds like a very fitting title, and would be a fun read from his perspective.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic