Road Tax Or Tip For Chinese NY ?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Road Tax Or Tip For Chinese NY ?

Post by wackyjacky »

SHV- Ekareach was blocked today where it usually is (across from Sushi Cafe & Danmeat). I (& everyone else - Land Rovers etc)) had to pay 9000 for a green sticker that all I could decipher said 2014 & 4500. I tried to pay 4500 but I was told it was for 2 years - I think. My Khmer is awful. Is this legit ?
Last edited by wackyjacky on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Road Tax Or Tip For Chinese NY ?

Post by Username Taken »

Clearing out their old stickers from last year?

You got a Receipt, didn't you?

[Sounds more like 'travel expenses for Chinese New Year'].
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Green sticker? I have a car inspection green sticker with a date on it. The inspection station is on the hill behind Snooky. It should read sometime in 2015/2016 not 2014 as those are old. And yes, I have a receipt and paperwork.

BTW/ Here is the guide to traffic laws and fines (PP). It got me out of one fine in PP as I wanted a receipt on the spot.

wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

No receipt, no inspection, no options. The road was blocked. At least their bite was just a nibble.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

They were also look very desperate in SR this morning. No road block, but tried to fine vehicles anyway they possibly could.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

They gave up on me a long time ago. I made sure I had all the up-to-date stickers and I leave all the old stickers in place so they have to really look when I drive by. (getting back in small ways.) I live to be stopped and pull out the traffic laws. As stated, I did so in PP, insisted on a receipt and was told to just go away. :-) They want a dollar and a half from me they are going to have to work for it.

BTW/ I stop at all red lights and am mostly there by myself, but I do get to obstruct a lot of Cambo's in cars/trucks from running red lights or make them look all over to where the police are hiding.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

I was booyaaa behind the beverage cart about 2 months ago; they happily written me a ticket and even told me I wont get fine for the rest of the day with a smirk if I held onto the ticket.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic