Siem Reap Massage Parlor Raid Reveals Condoms and Underage Girl

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Siem Reap Massage Parlor Raid Reveals Condoms and Underage Girl

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Siem Reap Province: The Srey Pov Massage Shop was raided for suspected sexual activities at 22:00 on September 4, 2020, in Ta Vien village, Sangkat Kamroeuk Municipality, Siem Reap Province, by order of Mr. Keut Vannareth, the prosecutor of the provincial court.

Police released four girls who were working as sex workers, including a minor under the age of 16, and and arrested the owner named Yin Nget, 49 years old. Large numbers of used and unused condoms were seized by the police as evidence of paid sexual activity on the premises.
The case of the suspect who owns the massage parlor is currently being processed by the Siem Reap Provincial Anti-Human Trafficking and Juvenile Office, and the girls working as sex workers have been sent to the provincial Department of Social Affairs.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Siem Reap Massage Parlor Raid Reveals Condoms and Underage Girl

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE
Supreme Court upholds conviction for aggravated prostitution
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The Supreme Court on the morning of February 14, 2023, announced the verdict of an appeal from a man who was sentenced by the Siem Reap provincial court to 7 years imprisonment, on charges of aggravated prostitution involving a minor, at his massage parlor sex shop in Chunlong village, Sala Kamroeuk commune, Siem Reap city, during 2021.

Nil Nonn, Chief Judge of the Supreme Court, stated that the accused, Yin Nget, male, born in 1970, was arrested on January 4, 2020 in Chunlong village, at the above address. After the arrest, the police confiscated 1 mobile phone,12 wet wipes for ejaculation, and some condoms.

In this case, the accused Yin Nget was sentenced by the Siem Reap Provincial Court on October 21, 2021 to 7 years imprisonment and ordered to pay 2 million riels to each victim, on charges of aggravated prostitution involving victims under Articles 25 and 27 of the Law on the Suppression of Human Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation.

The defendant's first appeal before the Battambang Provincial Court of Appeal was denied, so he then appealed to the Supreme Court which also upheld the man's original sentence.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

He looks every bit as miserable as those "12 wet wipes for ejaculation" the police confiscated.
Newinkow
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Newinkow »

Let me just start by saying: I think all pedophiles should be locked up and the keys thrown away.

Now that's out of the way.

I am amazed that every news articles I read on here about local message parlor involved at least one under aged sex worker. Are local pedophiles tolerated in KoW but not foreigner. I assumed that the local message parlor are catered to the locals. These local massage parlor are everywhere in KoW. Everyone seems (locals and foreigners) to know what happens in these places.

Where are the NGO and UN agencies when it comes to under aged sex worker in these places? You don't hear diddly-squat about the locals procuring under aged sex workers. If a foreigner is found with an under age person, it's front page news everywhere. He (guess could be a she) is raked over the coals. NGO agencies come out of the woodwork.

Why the double standard. A pedophile is a pedophile regardless of nationality, weallth, status or connections. Could it be that foreigner tend to lure the innocent under age victim. Where as the locals are procuring what's on the menu. In my books, it doesn't matter if you are luring or buying. You are still a pedophiles and should be treated as such!

What would be the outcome if a foreigner pedophile was to visit these massage parlor? Before anyone say that he won't be allowed in, this is KoW. Money talks here from my experience.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Newinkow wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:42 pm
I am amazed that every news articles I read on here about local message parlor involved at least one under aged sex worker. Are local pedophiles tolerated in KoW but not foreigner. I assumed that the local message parlor are catered to the locals. These local massage parlor are everywhere in KoW. Everyone seems (locals and foreigners) to know what happens in these places.
They have been doing this for a long time. Basically only foreigners are described as pedophiles, while locals who engage in similar activities are just called rapists.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

FYI many countries in Europe have a even lower age of consent then Cambodia (15). Its not a pedo case. Its a exploitation of a minor case.

Can be good to separate terms some times because there are actually real pedos out there who are fucking horrendous raping kids as small as a few months/years old so please dont water the word out so it becomes meaningless when applied to those who truly deserve it.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Alex wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:19 pm "12 wet wipes for ejaculation"
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Albror wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:25 pm
FYI many countries in Europe have a even lower age of consent then Cambodia (15). Its not a pedo case. Its a exploitation of a minor case.

Can be good to separate terms some times because there are actually real pedos out there who are fucking horrendous raping kids as small as a few months/years old so please dont water the word out so it becomes meaningless when applied to those who truly deserve it.
Can't say I agree with your play on words .... If you can vote and they can't you're a pedophile .... Simple .... I don't differentiate .... Of course diddling a very young child is 'more horrendous' but you're still a pedo if you fuck minor's and should be labeled accordingly. No quarter.

As far I understand those countries with low age of consent often attach an age difference of a few years as being acceptable .... As an example so a 17 yr old doesn't get ruined for having a 15 yr old gf or bf.

This finessing of language is how terms like MAP (minor attracted person) have been allowed to enter mainstream language.

So to reiterate MY position, if you're a legal adult and you fuck a minor, you're a pedophile and should carry that label for life.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Voting age is a solid shout, also a great topic to discuss on a first date to work out if you're both compatible in communist, or extreme right wing views, or somewhere in the middle, or opposite ends of the political spectrum but can have a tough conversation about it & be friends.

Going on looks is dangerous, some Asian women in their 40s looks like 12 year olds, some 12 year olds look like they are 40! But only somebody "old enough" would be able to have a solid argument about politics & voting.

In summary, if you haven't had a heated debate about politics over dinner, you might just be a paedo.. #CaveatEmptor
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:10 am
Can't say I agree with your play on words .... If you can vote and they can't you're a pedophile .... Simple .... I don't differentiate .... Of course diddling a very young child is 'more horrendous' but you're still a pedo if you fuck minor's and should be labeled accordingly. No quarter.
Words have definitions so look that up to prevent misuse.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic