War is business

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: War is business

Post by Random Dude »

Kangaruchi wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:27 am I wish that everyone would do some serious research on this, if they do they will be shocked at what they find, and disgusted with those who control the MSM
I don't really disagree with you, and I'm not having a dig at you, but...

I know a few people, scattered around the world in different places I've lived, who are adamant they know the 'real' situation. They don't trust MSM, they do their own research, I'm pretty sure they all follow the same media /social media groups/influencers, etc (who are probably Russian bots) because they all repeat the same buzz phrases and opinions that they say are theirs and they all change their opinions and buzz phrases at the same time and act like they weren't saying something else a week ago.

So far they've all been adamant that;

Russia is just responding to Nato threats against them, they had no choice but to start a war. Then something about how actually, Ukraine was always Russia's property and they're entitled to take it back and enslave the people if they choose to. Then, the Ukrainian people all want Russia to overthrow the Ukrainian government and rule over them again. Then the story was something about how Russia was saving Ukraine from Nazis. Then when the war wasn't going Putin's way it wasn't a colossal balls-up, it was actually Putin being really clever and playing 4D chess with the west. I don't know what the latest story is - can't be bothered paying attention to them anymore but I don't put a lot of stock in their 'research', it seems like they're determined to back Russia/hate on Ukraine no matter what and are just parroting their non-MSM media.

MSM is far from perfect, but they've reported on Russia invading a sovereign country. They've shown extensive footage of the Russian military being, frankly, barbaric cunts while Ukraine fights to protect itself. Only an idiot would dispute any of that. It was Russia's choice to do what they're doing. I know there are inevitably opportunists getting involved and complicating the situation but if any serious researcher can explain in simple, layman's terms why Russia is doing what they're doing I'd love to hear it. I'm not interested in another link to some dude on youtube talking for an hour, just something simple like 'Russia had to invade because....'
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Random Dude wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:21 pm If any serious researcher can explain in simple, layman's terms why Russia is doing what they're doing I'd love to hear it. I'm not interested in another link to some dude on youtube talking for an hour, just something simple like 'Russia had to invade because....'
It’s pretty much guaranteed that there will be no serious researcher offering such. There will be plenty of deluded researchers believing they are serious and can do so, blissfully unaware that they sit squarely in the tin foil hat section.

War is business. There’s no real problem with that statement. Pick any war, there will be people making money. It’s been going on for as long as someone was willing to buy a better weapon from someone else. So around the time that the dominant apes put sharp edges on stuff, and bartered favours.

Any inference that this conflict was started by some western/US/NATO agenda simply misses the fact that Russia and her leadership took these steps. I almost laugh when idiots describe it as Biden’s war. Scary bit- some believe this. But having a rational conversation with these people is like having a normal chat with a meth head.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Kangaruchi wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:27 am I wish that everyone would do some serious research on this, if they do they will be shocked at what they find, and disgusted with those who control the MSM
Hasn’t Putin already given numerous reasons, some contradicting, as to why Russia invaded Ukraine? How much more research needs to be done?
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:44 am
Chuck Borris wrote:Are there still naive plebeians who think this war is about independence of the Ukraine? Is just business.
Just love the way you put down anyone who would disagree with as ‘naive plebeians’. So classy.

Thank you goodness you are so opened minded.

Otherwise I would have mistaken you as a vocal member of the other forum.
Rambo isn't documentary.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Chuck Borris wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:38 am Rambo isn't documentary.
...Neither is Rocky, although i feel some Demolition Man woke vibes around us already, but what are you talking about ??
I see more opportunistic leaders abusing their own people in some ways, giving more pretexts to other leaders to abuse their own people in some ways too, so they can profit more whatever the cost, and dig the gap between players and suckers until it's just gods and sheeps, in a fifty shades of gray progression depending on the time and location, but mainly in the same direction, since a while.
Sure, war is business, everything is business nowadays, and business is pretty good, but not to all, and less & less can afford this shit show.
Most will get to be eaten, but you may choose the sauce you'll go with, ain't that swell ? Won't be with prahok for me anyway, more likely mayonnaise or sambal ^^
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

War is an economy

Russia wants Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Ukrainian_War
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic