Translate, Is this a Con

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Translate, Is this a Con

Post by Tootsfriend »

Someone explain this, is it a extra tax on the normal monthly water charge.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Re: Translate, Is this a Con

Post by rogerrabbit »

Looks like normal 3 month water bill to me. Nothing about tax. And it has the official stamp on it.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

rogerrabbit wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:47 pm Looks like normal 3 month water bill to me. Nothing about tax. And it has the official stamp on it.
I

No, The normal official water bill has the meter readings past and present and the amount of water used. Plus the fee per cu meter.
Last edited by Tootsfriend on Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Tootsfriend wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:57 pm
rogerrabbit wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:47 pm Looks like normal 3 month water bill to me. Nothing about tax. And it has the official stamp on it.
I

No, The normal official water bill has the meter readings past and present and the amount of water used. Plus the fee per cu meter.

That looks like an electric bill

Water bill is long and thin
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Need some context...

Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Element6 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:17 pm
Tootsfriend wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:57 pm
I

That looks like an electric bill

Water bill is long and thin

Yes, sorry that is the electric bill
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:19 pm Need some context...

Thanks kiwi. It's not what was translated to me by family.

I now remember paying a deposit for the water when I bought the place, 15 years ago and looks like they want another deposit as the receipt has long since gone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic