Cambodia Ranks Among Highest Average IQ Countries in the World

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cambodia Ranks Among Highest Average IQ Countries in the World

Post by Yobbo »

And yet they allow this to happen;
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

As an employer the most important information you can get from a candidate is their IQ . Most armed forces will run a test to determine this.
I think of the top of my head the American army will not employ anybody with an IQ lower than 80. That's a significant percentage of the population. Is this fair?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Gary Small wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:12 pm I think of the top of my head the American army will not employ anybody with an IQ lower than 80. That's a significant percentage of the population. Is this fair?
I don't know if it's fair, but I'm pretty sure that an IQ test with a result of less than 70 means that you are either intellectually challenged, or that you don't want to join the army.
According to this graph, about 80% of the population should have an IQ somewhere between 80 and 120. How dumb (or smart) do you want your soldiers ?
(Graph from wikipedia:IQ )
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

Alex wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:09 pm I'm not surprised. I've always thought that Khmers are a lot sharper than Thais. I recently saw some materials from a private university in Phnom Penh and they reminded me of studying at a university in the West. Whenever I've seen materials from a Thai university, on the other hand, I've felt reminded of high school.
Khmers seem to be motivated to do better, weekend study for example.
School and university in Thailand is more or less just a social outing.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

kagi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:17 pm

Motivated or forced?
No private class no pass.....
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates...? Morons.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Good news. Hope they can use it to improve their society.
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:23 pm
kagi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:17 pm

Motivated or forced?
No private class no pass.....
Motivated.

A young woman in the village I stayed in during the early part of covid taught herself English on youtube. I taught her some procedures for working in a hotel. She is now manager of a guesthouse.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Yobbo wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:03 pm And yet they allow this to happen;
Well, the authorities allow this type of thing to keep happening, and manage to retain power over the people who might object.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:08 pm
Gary Small wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:12 pm I think of the top of my head the American army will not employ anybody with an IQ lower than 80. That's a significant percentage of the population. Is this fair?
I don't know if it's fair, but I'm pretty sure that an IQ test with a result of less than 70 means that you are either intellectually challenged, or that you don't want to join the army.
According to this graph, about 80% of the population should have an IQ somewhere between 80 and 120. How dumb (or smart) do you want your soldiers ?
(Graph from wikipedia:IQ )
Smart enough to train them not to hurt each other, and have a reasonable chance of taking care of themselves, but not so smart that they run the show?

I wonder what the IQ of yer average Russian soldier, wagnerite and ex-con ranker is?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic