Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I actually miss traveling in times of Coronavirus...quiet, empty airports and planes, cheap upgrades offered on every single flight. Yea, there were some cons, but if well organised not difficult in most cases.

Now back to pre-COVID times of travel...flights and airports are jam packed, very rarely offered upgrades, flights are often overbooked therfore some people who had bookings miss out. Reminds me again of why I hate flying, time to find a different career %)
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:22 pm I actually miss traveling in times of Coronavirus...quiet, empty airports and planes, cheap upgrades offered on every single flight. Yea, there were some cons, but if well organised not difficult in most cases.

Now back to pre-COVID times of travel...flights and airports are jam packed, very rarely offered upgrades, flights are often overbooked therfore some people who had bookings miss out. Reminds me again of why I hate flying, time to find a different career %)
at least you won't get 1 million emails and messages asking you questions that they already asked on 2 different forums.. wait, that was me lol
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:15 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:22 pm I actually miss traveling in times of Coronavirus...quiet, empty airports and planes, cheap upgrades offered on every single flight. Yea, there were some cons, but if well organised not difficult in most cases.

at least you won't get 1 million emails and messages asking you questions that they already asked on 2 different forums.. wait, that was me lol
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Nothing like being up to date with what's happening travel wise from the Australian government, I just got this travel alert.

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

SINGAPORE: Singapore will scrap all COVID-19 border measures from next Monday (Feb 13), when the country steps down its disease alert to its lowest level.

This is due to the improving pandemic situation globally and the low impact of imported cases on Singapore's healthcare capacity, said the Ministry of Health on Thursday.

The country will also remove almost all of its existing COVID-19 restrictions, such as requiring masks on public transportation.

Once the border measures are scrapped, all travellers, including those who are not vaccinated, will not have to show proof of a negative pre-departure test before entering Singapore.Non-vaccinated visitors will also no longer have to purchase COVID-19 travel insurance.

Still, Singapore is prepared to reintroduce restrictions under its Vaccinated Travel Framework if there are "international developments of concern", the ministry said. This includes the emergence of new severe variants or signs of Singapore's healthcare system coming under strain from imported cases.

Travellers will also continue to be screened for infectious diseases such as Yellow Fever, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Ebola. All travellers, including Singapore residents, will also still have to submit a health declaration via the SG Arrival Card e-service when entering the country.

channel news Asia.com
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

HONG KONG: Hong Kong will drop its COVID-19 mask mandate, chief executive John Lee said on Tuesday (Feb 28), in a move to lure back visitors and business and restore normal life more than three years after stringent rules were first imposed in the financial hub.

The measure will take effect from Wednesday, Lee told a press briefing. The special administrative region of Hong Kong is one of the last places globally that still imposes a mask mandate.

Neighbouring special administrative region Macao, said on Feb 26 that it would drop COVID-19-related mask requirements for most locations, except for public transportation, hospitals and a handful of other areas.
cna.com
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

^^^
Yet Philippines Airlines insist you wear masks onboard and you won't get into an airport without one. However, if you take it off while in the airport, nobody says anything.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Making decisions takes time. Telling everyone about those decisions, even longer.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

US set to lift COVID-19 testing requirements for travellers from China
08 March 2023

WASHINGTON, March 7 (Reuters) - The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is set to end on Friday (Mar 10) mandatory COVID-19 tests for travellers from China, joining other countries in dropping the requirements, a source briefed on the matter told Reuters.

Last week, Japan dropped a requirement that everyone take a test for the virus upon arrival from China. The source told Reuters the United States would continue to monitor cases in China and around the world. The US decision was reported earlier by the Washington Post.

The CDC did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
- FRESH NEWS
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic