Five Cambodian Public Toilets Win ASEAN Awards

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Five Cambodian Public Toilets Win ASEAN Awards

Post by armchairlawyer »

Security staff are usually banned from using toilets where they work. I once lived opposite a hi-so night club with a red carpet entrance. In the daytime the security guys working for the adjacent western brand eatery would piss against the wall next to where they would later roll out the red carpet. The eatery had a customer toilet but security were not allowed to use it. And no I’m not naming names. The night club has closed anyway.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

At Aeon mall they have a blue toilet for men, pink for women and green for kids. I don't know the age limit for the kids toilet, but talk about a genius way of halting the paedos at the urinals. Why can't Australia do that?. Is it that I come from a paedo protecting country?.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

I cant believe that public funds are used to finance such a ridiculous program as "the best public toilet". Un_fcking_real! Please wake me up.
Right mate, it's better to wait till after the paedos and gay toilet predators get their jollies and then deal with the mental health issues that the victim's accrue.
newsgatherer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by newsgatherer »

Private Nuts wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:24 am At Aeon mall they have a blue toilet for men, pink for women and green for kids. I don't know the age limit for the kids toilet, but talk about a genius way of halting the paedos at the urinals. Why can't Australia do that?. Is it that I come from a paedo protecting country?.

What, you think there are peados roaming the AEON mail restrooms here? It sounds completely ridiculous.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

No numbnuts, that's why I'm commending them for finding solutions. Paedos don't get access. Whereas the public toilet in my town in Australia has been viewed a quarter of a million times on a gay sex website and has pics of the urinals. Boys use that toilet. Australia refuses to find a solution and so paedophilia runs rampant. What type of person gets upset about finding solutions to protecting kids from paedophilia?. I can only think of 1 kind of person.
newsgatherer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by newsgatherer »

Some levels don't have a children's section, so I'm guessing there will be a lot tonight? Why not just build a rainbow-colored gay-only toilet and keep up with the demand?
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

newsgatherer wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:43 am Some levels don't have a children's section, so I'm guessing there will be a lot tonight? Why not just build a rainbow-colored gay-only toilet and keep up with the demand?
I apologise newsgatherer, I can come across as quite aggressive when I talk about this subject. I've had some bad experiences in toilets in my life and the topic tends to set me off. I actually do alot of communicating with police and government officials trying to lobby for changes to Australian toilet conditions as we have alot of problems down there. So I get defensive and prepare myself for an argument whenever the topic arises. No hard feelings towards you, sorry for the aggressive comment.
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

Bluenose wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:16 am I would say PTT deserved an award, in my experience you can trust their gas stations to always have really good clean toilets
I agree. There is also a clean toilet at a new gas station about one mile from the border on the way to Koh Kong town.
The toilets along the expressway are also good.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic