I have not seen her for three years.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I have not seen her for three years.

Post by John Bingham »

Alex wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:30 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:24 pm Alex, you mentioned being able to travel here since June but as far as I know you live very close by, in Thailand?
Correct, but I've traveled to Europe and to the US as well; traveling really got a lot easier last year pretty much all over the world, with some notable exceptions obviously.

That the OP wrote that Cuba trip report added to my impression that reuniting with his love interest didn't exactly have the highest priority. I don't get it, but I also don't have to - let's leave it there.
I forgot about Cuba. Fuck those commies. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bert Spaggiari
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bert Spaggiari »

I had a Che poster back in the day. They charged me 29.95 for it. I had a matching shirt to. That was more.
---->'BANISH HIM!'
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Grand Barong wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:03 pm Why did you go to Cuba for a Holiday alone in January 2023 instead of visiting your partner in Cambodia?
Flights have been open for ages now to PP.
No cigars ?
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

From Cuba thread: (the rest of the explanation is in my comments on your post “Why did you go to Cuba?”)
David Gordon wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:50 pm Re: Costs and currency I have some impressions but can much better answer at the end of this trip - now I’m just a few days in. It’s hard not to compare to Cambodia and it’s not even close for costs, convenience and warm and friendly people. But some people keep coming back here - I am still asking “Why Cuba?”

Re: Commie. Cuba was not my first choice but I was unable to find flight destinations that did not transit through USA - the few options that did not were x3 the cost of normal. I was able to come to Cuba without a test or a vaxx card and fly directly.
Stay classy na
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

David Gordon wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:32 pm Had you played nice I might have reported further but it’s futile and I’m out.
I really don't know why you posted this on CEO in the first place, surely you knew the response you'd get?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Roysmit wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:45 pm Old roz is getting jaded.
Well I am 53 and I've seen a lot of these stories play out in real life, over the last 9 years or so of hanging around at Oscar's and talking to lots and lots of ladies.
And the shocking truth is, girls will lie to protect the future they imagine they are going to have with someone.
If it's important for him that she's celibate, then that's the narrative the lady will present to him.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:04 am
Roysmit wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:45 pm Old roz is getting jaded.
Well I am 53 and I've seen a lot of these stories play out in real life, over the last 9 years or so of hanging around at Oscar's and talking to lots and lots of ladies.
And the shocking truth is, girls will lie to protect the future they imagine they are going to have with someone.
If it's important for him that she's celibate, then that's the narrative the lady will present to him.
i agree in part, but would add
Girls, ( especially Asian, SE Asian) lie regardless

Known so many, ( mine included) relationships of SE Asian girls & Farangs/Barangs that have lasted 10,20, 30+ years, yet the wife/gf still finds it necessary to lie, not just important /big things, but even little things as well.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:01 am
David Gordon wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:32 pm Had you played nice I might have reported further but it’s futile and I’m out.
I really don't know why you posted this on CEO in the first place, surely you knew the response you'd get?
yes we need less earnest dialogue and more penis size threads.
Stay classy na
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

David Gordon wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:07 am yes we need less earnest dialogue and more penis size threads.
Completely uncalled for.
You deserve every negative response you get.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

We all deserve to be loved and held by someone else. It’s hard to be alone for three years without the care and attention and physical touch of another person. I see that could easily happen quite naturally and if it did I would be ok too because I want her to be happy and - quite honestly - I am probably not the best choice for her. I believe though that if she did have another relationship she would just tell me. We have that kind of relationship dynamic and it’s difficult to explain fully but some concurrent conversations we have had could not really happen naturally while a person is doing certain other things and in fact living a lie. I do not believe I brought up the topic of chastity in this thread even once - but I did feel compelled to defend her honour because it’s personal. We will see each other and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. It’s her life and she has autonomy she is not my prisoner and is not in a box. She has always had freedom to choose and all I have asked from the beginning is honesty and that seems to have always proved true even under careful scrutiny - I can’t ask for anything more.
Stay classy na
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic